This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

In the iconic movie, Mean Girls, the protagonist Cady says, “Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it.” This can be true -well, maybe not the slut part- but it is truly an excuse to dress up in an over-the-top, funny, bizarre costume. As a big fan of Halloween myself, I always love to see what people dress up as every year, especially celebrities. They have access to hair and makeup artists, prosthetics, wardrobe stylists, anything one could possibly need in order to create the perfect Halloween costume. Here are my favorite Halloween costumes by TikTok sensation and influencer, Alix Earle! 

She wowed us with two Halloween costumes this year. Earle channeled Madonna, in one of her 1990 Blonde Ambition World Tour looks. She absolutely nailed it in her short, curly blonde wig, Madonna inspired makeup, and her belted pink corset with a cone bra. Earle admitted on her podcast Hot Mess with Alix Earle, that she “peed through” her Halloween costume, which is relatable to us who chose style over comfort this Halloween. 

The next night, Alix Earle made an appearance at Heidi Klum’s Halloween party as Jadis, the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia. She totally switches up her look as she traded in the blonde wig for long, crimped hair extensions, very pale makeup, an icicle-like crown, and long white dress and cloak. To be honest, I’m a little scared of this look, but the costume was so spot on and unique. It’s safe to say that Alix Earle is a pro when it comes to Halloween costumes!

Next is my personal favorite from this year, Drew Barrymore as Bob Ross. When I saw her costume at first, I immediately thought that I was looking at a picture of Bob Ross from a while ago. The hairy chest, the legendary hairstyle and facial beard were my favorite parts of the costume because they are extremely spot on. This was such an authentic costume, and there is no other than Drew Barrymore, who would knock it out of the park with this one!

A celebrity costume that I was pleasantly surprised by was Demi Lovato. She showed her beautiful figure off as Snow White, and looked to be the exact human version of what the princess would look like in real life. I loved the little details such as the apple crossbody bag, red headband with the bow, and the midi dress that looked like the exact replica of the real cartoon character’s dress. 

This year, socialite and media icon, Paris Hilton paid homage to her friend, Britney Spears, as she dressed up as Spears from her Toxic music video. Typically, when people dress up as Spears, they usually dress up as her from her Oops…I Did it Again, music video, and I loved that she wore a different, less outdone costume. I loved the matching details from the silver earrings and silver ankle boots. I also loved that she still stayed true to her own style as she paired it with her chunky 2000s sunglasses.

Lastly, my other favorite from this year was Kourtney Kardashian dressing up as her sister, Kim Kardashian. Kourtney is now expecting a baby boy with her husband, Travis Barker. She was wearing the dress that Kim wore to the 2013 Met Gala, when she was pregnant with her daughter, North. I loved that Kourtney wore this look because for anyone that remembers when Kim wore this dress, people shamed her for wearing it, and she got negative media criticism. When I saw her costume, at first I thought it was a picture of Kim when she wore it to the Met Gala, and I think Kourtney looks so elegant and radiant. 

Sophia Stafford

Bucknell '27

Hey! My name is Sophia Stafford and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I am planning on studying Political Science or International Relations. I love going to workout classes, taking photos, reading, listening to music, going on drives, and spending time with my friends.