Music for Your House Party Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Playlist 1: HPW Party Playlist

Oh, House Party Weekend. Party after party can leave you sick of the same Top 40 songs blasting at the fraternities. Consider these songs your antidote. Whether your getting ready to go out, hanging out with your friends, or partying, get ready to belt out these songs and dance your butt off to these catchy anthems. This playlist is the perfect set of songs for House Party Weekend. From songs to get you pumped up like “I Love It” by Icona Pop to songs that’ll get you ready to dance the night away like “All Night Longer” by Sammy Adams this playlist will carry you through your weekend in style. As always remember to House Party responsibly and may the odds be ever in your favor. 

http://8tracks.com/mah044/hpw-party-playlist

Playlist 2: The Ultimate Super Saturday Playlist

There’s something about the Super Saturday of HPW. All the girls put on dresses and tiny jackets even though it is definitely too cold out and guacamole, pineapple, and a plethora of grilled food seem to be in abundance. We all push into spring, despite the fact it won’t come for a few weeks and brave the cold to hang out outdoors and shed our winter coats for the first time in months. Here is a playlist that will power you through your Saturday (or Friday for the lucky few who don’t have classes). From chill tunes to dance anthems, enjoy your Saturday and dress warmly! 

http://8tracks.com/hcbucknell/the-ultimate-super-saturday-playlist

Playlist 3: From HPW to Real Life

Admit it, it’s a hard transition from House Party back to the rest of the semester. This playlist is designed to lift your spirits as you regain your strength to finish out the year. The first section of songs are mellow and relaxing, to counteract the excessive amount of pump-up music you’ve heard for the past few days. Take for instance KT Tunstall’s “Heal Over,” Regina Spektor’s “Eet,” and Mumford & Sons’s “Not With Haste.” The next few have titles that are, frankly, too hilarious to not include on this recoop of a playlist. Chris Brown’s “Don’t Wake Me Up,” Florence & The Machine’s “No Light, No Light,” or Peggy Lee’s “Black Coffee” are three notable mentions. Lastly, there are some songs that’ll remind you that you had an awesome weekend (“So Good” by B.o.b.), and that you have no qualms about doing so (“Sorry for Party Rocking” by LMFAO). Enjoy!

http://8tracks.com/hcbucknell/from-hpw-to-real-life

Margaret is a senior at Bucknell University majoring in psychology and economics. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus Bucknell, a member of the women's squash team, and spent last semester abroad in Rome. She loves all kinds of music from Michael Buble to old-school hip hop, Kiawah Island (SC), Oprah magazine, crossword puzzles and going out to leisurely weekend brunches with her friends. 
Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!