This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

1) Congratulations on being confirmed as BSG VP of Administration! What exactly does this role entail?  Why did you want to get involved in Student Government? 

Thanks. Officially, I’m the record keeper and manage the organization in the background alongside the VP Operations. I’m allowed more freedom and creativity when advising the Public Affairs committee, where we promote BSG and work on initiatives to show the student body we what we do. I am in no way the President’s “secretary” as I heard was said in your weekly HerCampus meeting. The four of us on the executive board make decisions together and argue about how things should be run. Unlike some past boards who’ve been happy to have the burden lifted upon ending their term, we’ll all feel a little empty without BSG. Or maybe just miss the office couch. Freshman year, I signed up for elections, did not campaign, and won with the least amount of votes. I think I started to care when Clinton Kittrell, the VP Admin at the time, allowed me the opportunity to contribute more meaningfully in congress. I was ready to resign after losing the exec elections as a sophomore but then House of Cards debuted that February which changed everything.

2) Do you have any major goals for BSG this year? Are there any important projects going on that you want the student body to know about?

Become VP Admin? Most of my projects and goals have been completed at this point, but I am hoping to slide into a comfortable private sector job and work on my autobiography after passing the torch to the next board this December.

3) You clearly have a lot of school spirit. Last year, you organized the basketball tailgate.  Do you have any plans to amp up our school spirit for this year?

Orientation assistants have a lot of school spirit; I just really enjoy basketball games and supporting the team. It’s a shame to see so many empty seats at Sojka, especially in 2013 when we were on a path to the national tournament. Unfortunately, we can’t give away free beer to get people to the games (for now at least), so instead we organize free food incentives and game gear, like rally-towels.

4) You’re a very talented photographer. What sparked your interest in photography and what are your favorite events and images to photograph?

I don’t know. I guess I was just trying to get a cool Facebook profile picture and went a little too far.

Documenting musicians is the most fun. Besides shooting from the pit, I try and work with bands to capture behind the scenes moments and tell the story that most people don’t get to see. This summer I covered the bands Morning Parade and Little Daylight during their shows around the Lower East Side and Brooklyn. Of course, I have to credit Doug Bogan for being the first concert I did and getting me started. On campus, there isn’t much to photo, so I decided to try something new and work with Be Fashion Magazine this Fall. Check out the next issue – it’ll blow away your Vineyard Vines sweater.

5) You are very involved on campus.  Do you ever find it difficult to manage your time?  What advice do you have for other students who are involved in a lot of activities?

Nope. Best advice would be to quit your activities and only stick with the ones you can devote your full attention to. First-years get a free pass because it’s good to join a variety of organizations to figure out what you like and how you want to establish yourself on campus. The worst things to do are not being involved in anything and complain about how bored you are, or join everything just so you can fluff your LinkedIn.

6) Where do you see yourself post-graduation? In 5 years?  In 10 years?

After graduation I’ll probably get lunch with my family. Being a tour photographer for a while would be ideal, but I’ll have to put my degree to work and look at rocks too. I apologize for being so cheeky this entire article, but it feels like I’m filling out one of those questionnaires for MySpace.

Favorites:

1. Spot on campus: The BSG’s private lounge hot tub, in the basement of the LC
  2. Meal at Bucknell: Dinner. Lunch is a close second, but I rarely eat breakfast. Brunch is definitely a no because what it’s done to Manhattan on a Sunday.
  3. Class at Bucknell: People from blue-collar backgrounds and hardworking families
  4. Freeze Flavor: Pumpkin spice

Three Fun Facts:

1. I bear no resemblance to Morgan Freeman, Kim Kardashian, Flavor Flav, and Steve Buscemi
  2. The Bean Boot was first made in 1912. Celebrating over 100 years of basic.
  3. Wearing a fedora is a great way to make a personal statement on this campus.
Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com