Meet the Bucknell Basketball Team-Cameron Ayers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Cameron Ayers is a member of the class of 2014. In addition to being a guard for the men’s basketball team, Ayers is majoring in economics. This self-proclaimed “goofy” individual is as friendly and funny as he is athletic. A native of Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Ayers has aspirations to continue basketball after receiving his degree.

Was Bucknell your first choice? Were you recruited?
Cameron: It was one of my first choices. They recruited me late in the process but I think it was for the better. It was a good fit for myself coming to a scene that was rising and also getting a good education.

What was the process like? Were they persistent?
Cameron: It was a lot of contact back and forth during the summer, especially in July and August.

How do you find the student-athlete life to be?
Cameron: At first it was hard to work on time management, but I couldn’t imagine myself not being a student-athlete.

How do you prepare for a game? Rituals?
Cameron: I like to take showers before games to help warm up my body and my muscles.

Most memorable moment/game?
Cameron: Winning the patriot league championship last year!

What motivates you?
Cameron: My friends and family motivate me, as well as myself. Inner motivation helps.

How did you first begin playing basketball?
Cameron: I think I was 5. My dad is a basketball coach, so he introduced me to the game at a young age.

What do you find most difficult/ most satisfying?
Cameron: The wear and tear on your body because of such a long season is difficult. The most satisfying part, I think, is just enjoying the moments with my teammates. We’re a really close team, so it’s fun to have success with them, and hopefully that will continue this year. 

And the questions you were hoping we would ask…

Are you single?
Cameron: Yes.

Any celebrity crush?
Cameron: Jessica Biel.

What do you look for/like in a girl?
Cameron: I like a good smile and good teeth. And you have to put up with my jokes; I joke a lot so you can’t take it too seriously.

What don’t you like in a girl?
Cameron: I don’t like a girl who brings drama.

What are some other hobbies/sports/interests?
Cameron: I like playing with animals, like dogs, but not really cats.

What’s something unique about you that people may not know?
Cameron: I love animated movies. (“Lion King” is his favorite)

What are three words that describe you as a boyfriend?
Cameron: Goofy, caring, fun.

Michelle Joline is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in Art History with minors in French and English (Creative Writing). Michelle is pursuing a career in broadcast media and entertainment, stemming off her long love of television and film. She is a co-founder and editor for Bucknell's branch of Her Campus and also spends her time as the Arts & Life editor of her school's newspaper, The Bucknellian. Michelle enjoys frozen yogurt, her golden retriever, New York City, movie trivia, and religiously reading The New York Times. She has been told her celebrity lookalike is none other than Michelle Tanner.