Making the Most of College Sundays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Ahhhh, Sunday. It’s the dreaded day you’ve reserved for cramming assignments and last minute studying. It’s the day you can finally reflect on all the poor decisions you’ve made over the course of the week. It gave the name to “Sunday scaries.” If you ask almost any college student on campus, you’ll get the same response. Sundays just aren’t all that fun. However, they don’t have to be that way. Here’s to making the most of Sundays, and putting a new spin on the way they’re viewed.

Sundays are the perfect opportunity to get some much needed you time. After a week of responsibilities and meeting deadlines, it is crucial to give your mind and body a break. We often associate guilt and shame with being lazy. There’s nothing wrong with devoting some time to binge watching your favorite show, snacking on your fave junk food, or just laying in bed. The only time this becomes an issue is if it becomes routine. Giving yourself a few hours to just veg out on a Sunday helps clear your head, and makes tackling the upcoming week a lot less daunting.

That being said, it’s all about balance. After you’ve put aside some guilt-free time to ~zen out~, it’s time to get working. While you should obviously give priority to those assignments due earliest, completing assignments due later on in the week will dramatically reduce your stress afterward. Your Thursday self will thank you. And while planners are super helpful for staying on top of things, leaving yourself sticky notes as reminders never lets you forget! If you see a yellow sticky note in your face one Sunday afternoon, you’ll remember that pesky assignment you’ve wanted to get out of the way.

So as long as you spend your Sundays right, you’ll absolutely ~slay~ the upcoming week.

Lexi Katz

Bucknell '20

Writer from Bucknell University
Olivia is a junior writer and VP Tech for Her Campus Bucknell. She loves being on the Her Campus team because it's a unique platform for college women to support one another. Outside of Her Campus, Olivia is obsessed with her Westie, a lover of all things coral, and a muffin fanatic.