This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony took place on January 26th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Alicia Keys was the host, and let me tell you that she was everything we needed. Just hours before the Grammys the world lost MBA legend Kobe Bryant, along with his thirteen year old daughter Gianna due to a horrific helicopter crash with no survivors. Alicia Keys honored Kobe by opening the Grammys with a speech honoring his tragic death. One of the most memorable things Alicia said during the speech was, “And we’re literally standing here, heartbroken in the house that Kobe Bryant built. Right now Kobe and his daughter Gianna and all of those that have been tragically lost today are in our spirit. They’re in our hearts. They’re in our prayers. They’re in this building.” Everyone in the room became emotional from her heartfelt words. Along with Alicia’s words, she also looked effortlessly stunning in all of her many outfit changes. 

Let’s break down some of the best looks of the night. 

1. Lizzo wearing Versace

Lizzo looked so stunning and Old Hollywood glam in this white Versace dress. Her luscious curls and silver smokey eye complete her entire vibe. I am totally living for Lizzo right now. I bet she’s feelin’ Good As Hell. 

1. Lil Nas X also in Versace!

Another killer Versace look! Lil Nas X looked BOMB in this all-pink leather suit. And the studs add such an edgy rocker vibe to the whole look.

1. Dua Lipa killin’ it in Alexander Wang

Okay but she is serving MAJOR looks in this slinky white two-piece dress. She looks elegant and sexy yet simple and classic. Also her makeup and hair are so early 2000s vibes… am I right?

1. Ariana Grande’s a princess in Giambattista Valli

Okay talk about a real life princess moment! Ariana Grande came for blood this year on the red carpet with not one but two different killer gowns. Some say her ruffles and dress length were a bit over the top, but guys.. It’s Ariana freaking Grande. She can wear whatever she wants! Also, her makeup was to die for. 

1. Maggie Rogers rocks Chanel

Maggie looks like a piece of art in this black and gold Chanel dress. She looks classy yet fierce and I just can’t get enough of it! I’m totally digging this.

1. Cardi B dazzles in Custom Mugler 

Okay but can we just talk about how Cardi B was a walking piece of art in this?! I cannot get over how stunning each and every detail of this dress is. She looks flawless and so put together. It makes me wonder how long it took her to get ready!!!

1. Gwen Stefani glows in Dolce & Gabbana

Rumor has it Gwen’s dress is decked out in shells that were handpicked by her beau Blake Shelton?! If that’s true, I love it even more. Gwen looks so precious and petite yet glamorous and chic. I must know her secret. This 50-year-old doesn’t look a day over 35. 

1. Billie Eilish wins the Grammys in Custom Gucci

Billie Eilish won FIVE awards at this year’s award show… including all big four awards! This was also the 18 year old’s first Grammys ever and she’s strutting the red carpet in custom Gucci. 

1. Chrissy Teigen is orange flames in Yanina Couture 

Orange is definitely Chrissy’s color. She looks like the fire emoji and that’s all I have to say about it. Oh and John… you look pretty good too!

1. Shawn Mendes rocks custom berry-colored Louis Vuitton

I think it’s safe to say Shawn Mendes always kills the red carpet game. He looks so suave, sophisticated, and dapper. He’s almost giving me Mick Jagger vibes.

1. Tyler The Creator dressed as a bellhop 

This was everything I needed on the red carpet this year. Tyler is constantly pushing boundaries both musically and with his style. I wonder what’s in his luggage though.. I know a Grammy award made it back home!

1. Danielle Jonas in gorgeous silver and white gown

Sorry Sophie Turner and Priyanka Chopra but in my opinion Danielle Jonas was the best dressed Jonas wife this year. I mean Sophie and Priyanka are both huge stars and can wear whatever they want yet to me, Danielle did it best this time. I’m so impressed with Danielle’s elegance and grace. She totally looks like Jonas royalty. 

1. Billy Porter is electric in blue and silver

From the makeup to the jewelry to the hat to the all blue set, Billy Porter really knows how to make an entrance. Billy Porter is known for his outrageously confident looks and this to me is his greatest. Good job BP. 

Take the quiz below to find out which Grammys 2020 look you are!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lexismilow/which-grammys-2020-look-are-you-8kk84h0h2u

Lexi Smilow

Bucknell '20

writer from Bucknell University. I write about mostly lifestyle and sports!
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell