Lets Talk About “The Bachelor:” Week Three

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

If you haven’t watched yet, SPOILER’S AHEAD!

Not even two minutes into this week’s episode of “The Bachelor” and Sean’s shirt is already off—so typical.  No one’s complaining though. 

Lesley M got the first one-on-one date with Sean this week, and overall it was awkward to say the least.  Sean takes Lesley to a Guinness World of Records museum where he plans on breaking the record for the “longest on-screen kiss” which had to be longer than three minutes and 15 seconds. I was shocked that Sean chose Lesley for this date considering Lesley and Sean’s first kiss during last week’s group date (her awkward approach leading with the line “I forgot something…”). Enough said. By the way, three minutes may not seem like a long time, but this kiss seemed to be never ending, and it got really boring to watch—not to mention awkward. I like Lesley and Sean likes her, but I don’t see her having a future with Sean. However, Lesley got the rose at the end of the date so she’s here to stay for now.

Group Date:

Things got pretty heated and competitive during the group date, but that’s expected when you have a group of girls playing beach volleyball with the winning team getting extra time with Sean. Leave it to ABC to know how to create good TV filled drama and cattiness. After years of watching this show, I still laugh every time I hear a girl make a comment about how if they lose, they’ll “miss out on an opportunity to spend time with the man they’re going to spend the rest of their lives with.” Okay girls, you’ve known Sean for maybe two weeks now, are you really confident you’re going to spend the rest of your lives with him?

Anyway, Kristy and Leslie H started sobbing after their team lost. Meanwhile, Sean frolicked in the ocean with the winning team—he really felt sorry for the losing team…not. The winning team earned a cocktail party with Sean where there was of course drama. Kacie B decided to warn Sean about the conflict between Des and Amanda, and she claims she’s in the middle of it. 

First of all, I don’t know what you’re talking about Kacie, but you are not by any means in the middle of the drama; you’re just putting yourself there. Second of all, did you not learn your lesson the first time on “The Bachelor?” The plan always backfires on the girl who tries to “warn” the bachelor about conflict in the house.  Sean actually called Kacie crazy to her face…I laughed out loud for that one.  Go Sean.

“Do you know what I love about you? Your confidence”—Sean to Des. He really likes her.  P.S. Des looks like Katie Holmes.

AshLee’s Date:

AshLee get’s the second one-on-one date, only to be interrupted by Tierra in the beginning. Tierra falls down the stairs and gets all of Sean’s attention.  I’m glad she’s okay, but honestly it seemed like this was going to be a way bigger deal in the promo. It wasn’t too exciting.

Back to AshLee’s date.  Sean closes down Six Flags just for the two of them and then invites two teenage girls to spend the day with them who are hard-core fans of “The Bachelor” and are both suffering from the same terminal disease (okay, if we didn’t already love Sean. He keeps proving to us that he’s borderline perfect). AshLee shows great character on their date, as she is really good with the girls—kudos AshLee.  

Sean says he likes AshLee’s optimistic personality, and so do I. AshLee get’s a rose and I predict she’ll being going far this season.

Side note: AshLee get’s really personal with Sean and talks about her relationship with her father.  After she says “I finally told someone,” the camera then zooms out to show that Eli Young Band has been in the background the whole time…so I guess she told the band too.

Cocktail Party:

For once, there wasn’t anything too dramatic or shocking to comment about during the cocktail party.

Note: Des had a really cute cocktail dress on. See picture and link below courtesy of @Posessionista

http://www.reddressboutique.com/index.php/back-in-stock-1/made-in-heaven-dress.html

Sean, yet again, changes the rules of the game and sends Kacie home before the rose ceremony.  She ruined her chances the second she created drama for herself (and the second Sean called her crazy).  I think Sean was just waiting for a reason to send Kacie home.  Bye Kacie.

At the end of the ceremony Sean sends home Kristy and Taryn…I didn’t know much about these bachelorettes so I wasn’t sad to see them go.

Overall, this was a pretty boring episode and hopefully next week’s will be more entertaining.

HCXO,

Blair 

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!