This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

As adults, our relationship with the professional world comes closer and closer everyday. It is important to understand the changing world as it affects the career choices we may make in the nearer future. As time advances, our society does as well, thus often creating unstable jobs and career choices. However, that’s not to say our advanced society does not have promising jobs waiting for us to grasp. When job searching, it is beneficial to look for career paths that have at least above a 30% growth prediction. Below, we will discuss the top jobs with the highest growth rate in 2021 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, as we all begin to delve deeper into the professional realm. 

Media-Motion Picture Projectionists: 

At 70%, this career path shows the most promising future. As our society proceeds to innovate, subsequently, jobs surrounding technology and media innovate too. Media and motion-picture projectionists assess forms of media that common audiences may view. It is also their job to use specialized equipment and machinery to equip themselves to operate films for audiences. 

Innovative Energy/Wind Turbines/Solar Power: 

Jobs within the renewable energy field are rapidly growing at a rate of 68%. As our society moves towards efficient/eco-friendly energy sources, more jobs are required to service their machines and technology. Technicians for innovative energy, specifically wind turbines and solar panels, are desperately needed because our society is slowly moving towards a more eco-friendly state. These positions would need technicians to work large machinery and check technology to ensure that all forms of the energy being produced are efficient and safe. Positions would also be needed to install renewable energy sources in buildings and homes. 

Nurse Practitioner/Healthcare Workers: 

Our world will always need healthcare workers in order for us to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Thus, this job outlook is about 52%. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, more healthcare jobs have been recognized as significant towards their field, including nurse practitioners. Practitioners have a greater scope of autonomy when it comes to practicing medicine, and can sometimes even open their own practice. 

Restaurant Work: 

Restaurant employee positions have a promising future of growth by 49%. This includes all staff members, including chef work. More innovative and trendy restaurants have been opening worldwide in order to please the public. Many new restaurants are challenging the older traditions and are working to make an innovative, authentic cuisine that maintains current trends. Opening up more places to eat would also mean that there are more positions needed to fill, such as hostesses, waitresses/waiters, chefs, and managers. 

Modeling/Architecture: 

Jobs within the construction realm, namely architects, have a job outlook of 39%. Architects and modeling professionals play key roles in both the design and construction of buildings and structures. They are immensely skilled in both the art and science of building, and contribute largely to the outcomes of large projects in our world. 

Physical/Occupational Therapy: 

Physical and occupational therapists have a wide range of responsibility towards their patients. Both of these provide aid to people who need either cognitive/sensory or physical/ motor assistance. Occupational therapists focus on people who need cognitive or sensory aid, while physical therapists focus on physical and motor skills. This career path has a 36% outlook. 

In modern times, there is a wide variety of fields of work that have a positive future ahead. The jobs listed above are just a few to name according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, however, there are many other jobs that may also have a promising growth rate. When looking into your professional life, it is important to look towards fields that have these traits, because it will be less of an obstacle to find a suitable position. There is no limit to what jobs may have immense job outlooks, and there are several diverse positions that may appeal to your goals and your interests. 

Sources: 

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/fastest-growing.html

Kayla Freibott

Bucknell '25

Hi! My name is Kayla and I am a Political Science/Legal Studies major at Bucknell University. I am a plant lover who loves to learn and spread positivity!