I <3 Boobies (And You Should Too)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it is necessary that we honor what our mommas gave us: our boobies.  Whether big or small, all women should embrace and love their twins. Why wouldn’t we? Women have been blessed. Basically, everyone should listen to Fergie and love your lady lumps.

Now, like most things you love, you want to keep your girls always looking fabulous. Thanks to the creation of places like Victoria’s Secret and GapBody, we have all of the tricks for beautiful boobies.

A is for Appearance

Maybe you weren’t blessed with quantity, but you can make it all about the quality. Being an A-cup gives you the ability to have fun with your bra choice.  Since you don’t need much support, you can have fun with lace and colors and, your number one go-to, the bralette. Sometimes, if it’s not necessary or it looks better in that cute new top you just bought, just go braless! You’re lucky you have that option and the girls will appreciate the time to breathe.

B is for Bombshell

Three words, Victoria’s Secret Bombshell. This bra is all you B-cups need. These bras are extremely comfortable and will give your boobies that little lift you want to see. If more cleavage is what you are looking for, the bombshell is your friend. Fun colors and lace patterns are always an added plus!

C is for Comfortable

You C-cups out there need a little more support now. You’re passed those days where you could have potentially gotten away with wearing a bralette or no bra at all. As a C, no matter what kind of bra you are wearing, you want to be comfortable.  You want to get a bra with good underwire that will lift your boobies and shape them. A little push-up wouldn’t hurt either, really giving the twins a fabulous shape.

D/DD is for Dollars

When you’re a D-cup, it is worth spending a little more money on your bras.  You D-cups need all of the support you can get and the nicer the bra, the better support you will get.  Thicker straps and a wider band in the back is the way to go.

Unfortunately, you may not be able to find that fun color or lace pattern you love, as it can be hard to find the right fitting D-cup and the selection for your girls is a little slimmer now. Avoid push-up bras. Honey, you don’t need it.

Anything past a DD, you don’t need me; you already know what you’re doing.  I hope these tips will be helpful for you the next time you go bra shopping.  Wear pink this month and show your breast cancer support! And of course, remember to love your boobies!

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com