Hollywood’s Finest Power Couples – Fashion Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

We’re all familiar with Hollywood’s hottest couples – they’re on the front cover of every magazine, under headlines that combine their names, like “Brangelina”. But what exactly makes a hot couple, a power couple?  In my opinion, they have to be fashionably compatible.  Their styles must stand out as individual, yet also compliment the other person in the pair.  Here are some of Hollywood’s finest fashion power couples that know how to walk (and rock) that fine line. 

Beyonce and Jay Z

Crowned the number one power couple of our generation, Beyonce and Jay-Z know how to flaunt what they were given.  They are a great example of a couple that looks absolutely fabulous together.  Often dressed in chic and slick clothing, they can rock tight, loose, black, white, neon, and any other cut or color out there.  But nothing says “power couple” more than when they walk arm-in-arm, Beyonce dressed in a floor-length gown and Jay Z in a suit and tie.  

David and Victoria Beckham

One couple that never fails to please is David and Victoria Beckham.  Other than the fact that they are both gorgeous and completely in love, they also dress to impress, not just as individuals, but as a pair. They never fail to be in sync with one another, no matter where they are or what they’re wearing.  Whether it be on the red carpet, at a concert, out to dinner, or on a plane, they are in tune and proudly strutting their stuff.

Mary-Kate and Ashley

Together forever, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen know how to express their identity and individuality through their style.  These trendsetting twins excel at combining relaxed, bohemian style with designer pieces.  Mary-Kate is known for wearing layers of baggy clothes and carrying bags nearly the size of her entire body.  Ashley tends to sport more of a classic look, often rocking blazers and A-line skirts, then adding another layer of dimension by wearing large vintage watches. 

Michelle and Barack Obama

The President and his First Lady know how to preside over a country in style.  Barack previously stated in an interview that he has a lot in common with Jay-Z because they both have wives more popular than themselves.  Michelle, the clear stylist of the family, often urges him to lose his 20-year-old khakis and wear a clean-cut suit, paired with a tie that pops.  Michelle is the ultimate style guru for women – in the past, she has said, “women should wear whatever makes them feel good about themselves,” and she certainly follows her own advice. Her dresses, skirts, and suits are never boring and always manage to flatter her figure.  There is no question that Barack and Michelle Obama know how to keep it classy. 

Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson

According to Diane, “fashion is the most obvious expression and the most obvious canvas of who you are.”  Diane’s superb fashion stands out on its own, but when paired with Joshua’s sense of style, the couple shines. When Diane is in black and white, Joshua is surely to be dressed in a slick all-black suit. Together they are exceptional.

-Native of Los Angeles, CA -Current Junior at Bucknell University studying Theatre, Creative Writing, and Music -Addicted to Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, orbit chewing gum, and dark chocolate email: mwd009@bucknell.edu
Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!