Her Campus Bucknell’s Spring Break Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

That time of the year is finally upon us again, and we couldn’t be happier. Yes, spring break has officially arrived, which gives all of us a reason to put down the books, turn off our alarms, and treat ourselves to some much needed R&R. Whether you’ll be sipping margaritas in Mexico, relaxing in the comfort of your home, or road-tripping to visit your best friends from summer camp, Her Campus nationals and our fabulous sponsors have got us covered with all of the spring break essentials we could ever need! Read below about the spring break essentials you need to have for the perfect, stress-free week.

Spring Break Essential #1: LUNA Bars

Looking for a snack that tastes as good as a dessert, but is actually disguised as a delicious bar that combines protein and fiber? Fret no more – this snack exists! LUNA Bars, which come in a variety of enticing flavors like S’mores and Chocolate Dipped Coconut, will satisfy any sweet craving or hunger attack on the go. Keep some stashed away in your carry on or beach bag and you’ll never let yourself go “hangry” again!

Spring Break Essential #2: SABRE Pepper Gel

If you’ll be traveling this break – even with a large group – SABRE’s Pepper Gel will meet your safety needs. It provides on-the-go protection a cute pink canister that can easily slip into any clutch. SABRE is the #1 brand used by police worldwide. Just keep in mind that this spray is not TSA friendly, so make sure your pepper gel is inside a small plastic baggie in your checked luggage. As always, before any trip, discuss safety tips with your friends and what you will do in the event of an emergency. Below are SABRE’s top three spring break safety tips:

1)     Party safely. Watch your drink at all times and don’t ever take anything from strangers. Make sure you are with people you trust.

2)     Remember that there truly is strength in numbers. Never a leave a friend on their own and keep an eye out for your friends. Always make sure you have emergency cash on-hand and a charged cellphone. You never know when you might need it.

3)     Especially if you are traveling internationally or in an unfamiliar place, it is always a good idea to have a business card with your hotel’s address and phone number on.

Spring Break Essential #3: Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Products

Whether you’re spending your days in a chlorinated pool or fighting frizz by layering product on top of product, stepping away from your normal routine over spring break can wreak havoc on your locks. Lucky for us, we received samples of the amazing clarifying shampoo from Not Your Mother’s Hair Care! This shampoo removes excess build-up without sacrificing moisture, leaving your hair clean, fresh, and not completely stripped of its natural oils.

Spring Break Essential #4: Chipotle

You’ve been so strict with your spring break diet. It’s time to cut yourself a little slack and treat yourself to a delicious, satisfying burrito. Thanks to the 2-for-1 coupons we received in our survival kit, we can treat ourselves and bring a friend along! While enjoying your well-deserved meal, you can rest easy knowing you are supporting a sustainable company. Chipotle recently released a mission statement called “Food with Integrity,” highlighting its efforts to use organic ingredients and serve more naturally-raised meat than any other restaurant chain.

Spring Break Essential #5: Completely Bare Wax Strips

While the words “waxing” and “fun” don’t traditionally go together, Completely Bare Wax Strips certainly take a great deal of the pain out of the process. Completely Bare has specially designed site-specific trips for every area that may need attention, including your eyebrows and bikini line. Furthermore, they’re extremely easy to use! All it takes is a quick rub of the strip, a press, and a pull. Never before has waxing been this easy!

Spring Break Essential #6: “The Intern’s Handbook” by Shane Kuhn

Spring break is the perfect time to put down that science textbook and pick up some reading that you won’t find on any of your course syllabi. An international bestseller, “The Intern’s Handbook” is a rare novel that combines romance, action, and mystery. The story line follows characters John Lago, a disguised intern who infiltrates top-level companies and assassinates crooked executives, and Alice, an FBI agent assigned to take down the same law partner he’s been assigned to. These two will certainly keep you on your toes!

Spring Break Essential #7: Simon & Shuster’s “Dirty Rush” by Taylor Bell

If thrillers aren’t exactly up your alley, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with another perfect spring break read of an entirely different genre. “Dirty Rush” has been described as “what happens when you take the creative minds behind Babe Walker (author of the New York Times’ bestselling ‘White Girl Problems’ series) and add Rebecca Martinson to the mix. Rebecca Martinson—yes, that bitch—the former Delta Gamma sister responsible for the scathing, expletive-filled email that verbally assaulted her entire chapter for being ‘so f**king boring’ at social functions, and threatened to ‘c*nt punt’ every last one of them if their behavior didn’t shape up. Dirty Rush is a no-holds-barred look at what really happens when you ‘go Greek’” (Amazon). Dirty Rush is an eye-opening, conversation-sparking read that collegiettes across all campuses should pick up, regardless of their Greek-affiliation status.

Spring Break Essential #8: Her Campus Swag

Last but certainly not least, our spring breaks would not be complete without our Her Campus sunglasses, cozies, pens, and stickers. These products are not only practical, but also the perfect way to advertise just how fabulous HC is! We’ve already put the latest HC sticker on our laptops and cannot wait to rock our new shades on the beach!

Our team cannot thank Her Campus nationals and our sponsors enough for supplying us with all of these spring break essentials. We hope all of our collegiette readers have amazing spring breaks!

HCXO!

Margaret is a senior at Bucknell University majoring in psychology and economics. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus Bucknell, a member of the women's squash team, and spent last semester abroad in Rome. She loves all kinds of music from Michael Buble to old-school hip hop, Kiawah Island (SC), Oprah magazine, crossword puzzles and going out to leisurely weekend brunches with her friends. 
Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com