For the Future CEO: How to Get Involved On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

So you want to be a CEO. Well, you’re in the right place. Her Campus has put together a list of some of the best business-oriented programs and activities you can be a part of to better position yourself for the big chair!

For the shark-tank enthusiast: BizPitch! Held each November, student entrepreneurs can compete to win money for their ventures! Finally release your inner Mark Cuban.

For the innovative leader: Design Thinking Leadership (d.t.l.) is a brand new pre-orientation program. YOU can be a leader of the next class of first year’s as they consult with real clients, learn about design thinking (a huge buzz word), and participate in fun orientation activities! Keep your eye out for applications.

For the financially inclined woman: Women in Finance! Join like-minded women as they share internship experiences with each other, network, host speakers, discuss finance news and more!

For the proactive entrepreneur: Lewisburg’s Small Business Development Center has an office on campus and a location downtown above the Samek Museum! Besides providing knowledge and skills to help businesses grow, one unique feature available to Bucknell students for free is ‘The Incubator’. This space includes super fancy office spaces, conference rooms that will make you feel like a CEO, high speed internet, and more.

For the girl on her game: The Career Development Center. Use. It. Bring your resume there before anything you apply for. Practice interviews there. Seek help for cover letters. Attend workshops! To find hours and book an appointment click here.

For those intrigued by entrepreneurship & innovation: The Entrepreneurship & Innovation group is no longer just an affinity house! Experience networking events, design competitions, and get to know a great group of creative individuals! For first years interested in living in the house next year, click here for more information. For those interested in joining the club, contact Ryan Bailis.

For those interested in consulting: The Institute for Leadership and Management (ILTM) is a six week intensive, competitive program that allows 24 highly motivated rising juniors to interact with executives of real companies and provide consulting services. It’s like an internship, but better.

Definitely give at least one of these a try if you’re business-inclined, even if you’re not a business major! You’ll be a real life girl boss before you know it.