This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s turkey season and that means that it’s almost Thanksgiving break for many of us! That also means that many people are going home, seeing friends and family, and maybe even hosting a Friendsgiving! If you’ve never heard of it, Friendsgiving is a fun twist on the typical Thanksgiving, where instead of with family, you celebrate with friends. Since it’s not a traditional Thanksgiving (unless you want it to be) there is ample opportunity to let your creativity fly! I’ve recently been scrolling through TikTok and have noticed quite a few fun ideas and themes for your next Friendsgiving. So, without further ado, I present to you: Ideas for your Next Friendsgiving Celebration…

Murder Mystery:

Forget the typical Friendsgiving, it’s time to add some mystery. If your friends enjoy a good board game or themed party, this is the perfect theme for you! Take your Friendsgiving to the next level by adding a murder mystery theme. Give each member a character and treat it like Clue, where you must figure out who committed the crime. This will add fun and some silly memories that you can talk about during Friendsgivings to come! 

Pajama Party:

If you like a comfy and cozy night, this theme is for you! Have all your friends come in their favorite pajama set and make a comfy Friendsgiving night. You could really go anywhere with this theme including, but not limited to, playing a holiday movie, having a hot cocoa bar instead of traditional Thanksgiving food, and much more! The possibilities are endless. 

Favorite Traditions:

Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition? A favorite Thanksgiving food? This would be the perfect time to let it shine. Have each of your friends bring their favorite (maybe non-traditional) Thanksgiving dish to your Friendsgiving festivities. You could all also share a Thanksgiving tradition that you love! 

A Very Merry Friendsgiving?:

If you just can’t wait for Christmas before it hits Thanksgiving, then this theme is for you! Get out your favorite ugly Christmas sweater, put on some holiday tunes, and cook some Thanksgiving food to have the biggest collaboration of the year. A very merry Christmas x Friendsgiving. Don’t forget to bake some cookies!

There are so many possibilities to incorporate into your Friendsgiving celebrations, but I only wanted to elaborate on a few. Hopefully it inspires you to host a fun and unique Friendsgiving for you and your friends! Enjoy the holiday season.

Olivia is a Computer Science major at Bucknell. Aside from her love of the sciences, she has a strong appreciation for the arts, literature, and writing.