Favorite Pinterests to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Let me guess, you got to your first day of your summer internship and you did some things, filed some papers and maybe checked who was on Facebook. And then you were bored. Sound familiar? Well if you already have a Pinterest or have been considering getting one, here is a list of all our favorite Pinterest accounts just for you so you can fill your duldrum days with yummy recipes, beautiful clothes and wedding planning (because is it really ever too early??)

For Foodies:

Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman

If you haven’t seen one of her shows or flipped through one of her cookbooks, you are missing out my friend. She combines all of those classic favorites you love and adds a southwestern kick. She’s also always on the look out for new things, so her pins will keep your Food board filled.

(smoky bacon popcorn with burnt sugar and sea salt)

How Sweet Eats

This blogger’s own page is a site to see because Jessica loves bacon, chocolate and lots of other good things, and she constantly makes concoctions like smoky bacon popcorn with burnt sugar and sea salt that make you wish you were eating them immediately. She also digs around the internet for other crazy delicious things so keep your eye on her.

(Movie Theatre Candy Bark)

For Fashionistas:

The Man Repeller

This woman, even though she has a man, started the blog because her love for all things fashion and her wonderful style usually kept men at bay. Her style is unmatched, she is hilariously sarcastic and she comes up with ingenious terms like “arm party” (aka the collection of bracelets worn on your wrist).

The Sassy Prep

Even if you wouldn’t consider yourself a prep, don’t write off the Sassy Prep just from her title. Not only does she have multiple boards about every article of clothing, accessory and jewel, she has a huge range of styles from urban chic and hobo to the preppiest of the preps.

For Beauty Brazens:

The Beauty Department

LC or Lauren Conrad’s beauty and style website is full of great tutorials, tips and tricks to revamp your style. They also pin tons of other great ideas from how to style hair to new ways to draw on your eyeliner.

For the Animal Lovers:

Favorite Pinterests to Follow

Huffington Post’s fluffy companion posts hilarious and adorable pictures of all the baby animals you could ask for and more.

For the Fitness and Health Peeps:

Women’s Health Magazine

Not a monthly subscriber? Perfect! Following WHM on Pinterest gives you access to their articles as well as other websites and exercises and recipes that they deem worthy.

Slender Student

Living on a college campus with so many options and limited healthy ones can make eating well difficult. With SS’s help, she takes you through how to stock your dorm room with snacks that you will not only love, but also aren’t going to pack on the pounds.

The Undressed Skeleton aka Taralynn McNitt

Never heard of Taralynn? Boy have you been missing out! On her blog, you can find her truly inspirational weight loss journey, workouts, recipes, motivational quotes and other bloggers to read about. Oh and the best part is, she LOVES cake and cupcakes and still maintains her weight, so she’s basically living all of our dream lives combined…

ChickRx

We featured ChickRx in one of our links we love and ever since, I have fallen in love with the site. Whether you find the answer to that one weird health question you have but don’t want to ask your doctor or figure out why you should include chia seeds into your diet, it’s all available on ChickRx.

For the Overachievers:

The College Prepster

Not only will you love her study help and advice on how to manage your time, her style is very cute and chic, as well. She has boards on every topic under the sun, and she’s friends with…

Design Darling aka Mackenzie Horan (BUCKNELL ALUM!)

After graduating from Bucknell, Mackenzie Horan started her very own adorable boutique from her house! Selling anything from jewelry, to trays and pillows, she also blogs her outfits of the day, what new trends she’s trying and other ways for you to try them. These two are an unstoppable duo.

HerCampus

Naturally we’re glued to the ever pink and ever adorable HerCampus main Pinterest that actually has every single board topic imaginable. You could spend days on their page and still not be done looking through all of their pins.

For the Crafters and the Do-It-Yourself-ers:

P.S. – I made this

P.S. – I made this is hands down one of the niftiest DIY blogs out there. She makes everything and anything. What’s better is that she usually ends up making things a billion times cooler than you ever could have imagined.

366 Days of Pinterest

Not all of her pins are about DIY/Crafting, but she put herself to the task of doing one Pinterest project every day, so it’s always interesting to see what she’s done that day or the day before or the day before that or the day before that…

For the girls who have their entire wedding already planned (yours truly):

Style Me Pretty

This blog is for you! All they post are pictures from real weddings–not just the adorable pictures of the bride and groom, but pictures of the theme of the wedding and all the little, nitty-gritty details. We know you already have your wedding binder full of Pinterest stuff, but you might want to give this one a look before you say, “I do!”

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com