FASHION FORECAST: September 24-28, 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

To me, there’s really nothing better than autumn. It’s my favorite season for many reasons; the beautiful hues of the leaves, the cool chill in the air and the comfortable feeling of being wrapped up in your favorite sweater are all hard to beat. And fortunately, as of Saturday, fall is officially here! That means comfy cardigans, leather boots, and cargo/denim jackets are all fully acceptable … and are totally fair game for your wardrobe this week. Although temperatures still seem warm for fall, a cool breeze has taken over Lewisburg and the leaves are changing to prove that summer has officially come to a close. Here’s the forecast for the week ahead and some inspiration for your wardrobe to welcome the true beginning of fall at Bucknell:

Monday, Sept. 24: Partly cloudy with a high of 64 degrees. 
The coolest day of the week, why not start it off right with the perfect outfit? To me, nothing says “cool” quite like combat boots, so pairing these with a pair of dangerously dark blue or black skinny jeans and your favorite oversized sweater makes for a grungy look that never ceases to kindle the bad girl in all of us.

Tuesday, Sept. 25: Sunny with a high of 71 degrees.
Since the sun will be shining today, cease the day with a lighthearted ensemble. Pair colored jeans (specifically a maroon or red pair to reflect fall’s changing leaves) with your favorite printed scarf and basic t-shirt. The color jeans are playful while the scarf adds a whimsical touch to the look. Pair with ankle boots or perhaps moccasins to channel fall’s earthy vibe.

Wednesday, Sept. 26: Partly cloudy with a high of 69 degrees.
Although it’s getting cooler out by the day, temperatures near 70 degrees mean one thing to me: dresses! There’s no look I love more than a dress paired with leather boots. To stretch your wardrobe, try pairing your favorite floral sundress with a chambray shirt or cargo jacket and rock your leather boots with the outfit. Throwing on an open denim shirt or jacket on top of the sundress will tone down the sweetness of the floral and will add an extra layer so you won’t get chilly, and leather boots are always the perfect outfit topper to make your legs look long and lean.

Thursday, Sept. 27: Partly cloudy with a high of 67 degrees. 

Something I love most about the fall is being able to wear cable-knit sweaters again. Break one out today (not too thick, not too thin) and pair with cuffed jeans and the perfect pair of ballet flats for a boyish, relaxed look. You’ll feel comfortable and cute, two important attitudes to have when wearing anything!

Friday, Sept. 28: Partly cloudy with a high of 72 degrees.
The weekend has arrived and so has the time to relax; channel this feeling through your outfit! When I think of a “relaxed” outfit, I think of flowy pieces. Feel totally comfortable yet look completely polished in a maxi skirt and drapey t-shirt tucked into the skirt. Throw on a skinny leather belt and your favorite flats to accessorize the look. You’ll be turning heads, but will still feel at ease and totally comfy in this perfect week-to-weekend outfit!

Now that fall has officially arrived, it’s totally acceptable to begin participating in fall activities … right? Waste no time this weekend and take your family to Ard’s to pick out pumpkins; get hot apple ciders together at the bookstore and sip them while catching up with one another; or simply take a stroll together around campus and admire the changing foliage on the academic quad. Whatever you choose to do, remember to channel the season through your wardrobe; and, as always, stay fabulous!

XX,
Jen Lassen

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!