Fashion Blogs to Follow Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

So you’ve been through your usual procrastination routine of checking Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram every five minutes, and you’re still not in the mood to hit the books just quite yet.  Where to next?  Fashion blogs are a great way to get style tips and inspiration from regular people who simply have an eye for trends or from those who are well renowned in the fashion industry.  Scroll through these five worthwhile fashion blogs and you’ll be adding them to your Bookmarks bar in no time!        

Song of Style

Aimee Song makes her unique and carefree style look effortless as she combines boyish, grungy pieces with contrasting, girly designer wear.  While she is a cool Cali girl and hits the streets of L.A. to take pictures of her outfits of the day, she also takes you along to describe her adventures to Fashion Week in New York, a tropical getaway in Aruba, and a European vacation in Rome, so you can get a taste of her take on fashion all over the world.  Her ever-changing wardrobe ranges from a vintage Nike T-shirt to an elegant Celine bag to a white BCBG jumpsuit.  Not only does this site provide fashion inspiration, but it also gives us a chic and modern taste of home décor, given that Aimee is able to let her craftiness shine through her work as an interior designer.  An added bonus:  her Instagram account lets you have a more personal look into her life beyond the blog. 

Atlantic Pacific

Atlantic Pacific chronicles the fashionable life of Blair Eadie purely through photos of her life in San Francisco.  What I love about this blog is that there are no stories and no anecdotes, just photos so you can focus on the outfits and nothing else.  The simplicity of Atlantic Pacific makes it easy to browse through the pages for hours.  Blair’s style is mainly preppy, with touches of feminine and glam accessories to pull the whole outfit together.  Conveniently, she attaches links to the clothing she’s wearing in the pictures, so if your envy is so overwhelming that you need to go and purchase something that you see her wearing, the link is there for you.  Even better, not everything she wears is a designer splurge, but instead most is affordable clothing from everyday stores such as J. Crew, Zara, and Club Monaco. 

Cupcakes and Cashmere

As the title of the blog suggests, Cupcakes and Cashmere both functions as a fashion and recipe blog.  So, while you’re drooling over Emily Schuman’s vintage Chanel bag or her Alexander Wang heels, you can also drool over her yummy pictures of lemon ricotta pancakes or chocolate dipped macaroons.  You’ll be in heaven.  The site is very easy to use with different tabs for her different categories, my favorite being her “How To” section giving instructions on various DIY projects such as a sparkly rustic tray or a delicate ombre necklace.  This site is a mixture of everything, and the pictures and collages she makes have a very girly and fun vibe that will definitely put you into a positive mood.  And if you want to go even further than the blog, you can flip through her book, Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease.

Olivia Palermo.com

If you’re a fan of MTV’s The City, you know Olivia Palermo as the ice queen who butted heads with Whitney Port when she worked at DVF, and Erin Kaplan’s enemy number one when she moved onto Elle Magazine.  Although you may not have been her biggest fan back then, her work within the fashion industry has definitely paid off as she has evolved into a socialite who is a standout style icon.  I love this blog because is not solely focused on her everyday outfits and style choices, but she is really interested in the way in which your style can be inspired by different colors and ideas.  She describes her experiences and input on several Fashion week shows that she attends such as Temperley London and Matthew Williamson, so she is really involved in the world of designers and high fashion.  But, in addition to her focus on high-end fashion, my favorite part is her “Tips” section, where she hands out fashion and beauty advice to the everyday girl. 

The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist is one of the most respected and well-known fashion blogs to hit the Internet thus far.  Scott Schuman, the head of the blog and the man behind the lens, is one of the most influential men in the fashion industry today.  Schuman finds all walks of life, from men to young women to children, and photographs their everyday wear on the streets of various cities.  His photos are simple, yet beautiful and eye catching at the same time. Schuman focuses on real people.  He doesn’t just appreciate the models who walk the runways, but he captures the unique and diverse styles that people use to express themselves everyday.  You’re not going to see something posed or staged, but instead this is style captured in real time and in the moment.  

Whether you’re looking for help choosing an outfit for an event or simply needing some readily available fashion eye candy, these sites are an easy way to build creativity and inspiration through clothing and accessories.   Spending some time on these blogs is a definite must-have for being the trendiest and most fashion forward girl on campus!    

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!