This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The air is officially turned to crisp and cool, signaling the beginning of everyone’s favorite time of the year: fall fashion. Despite all the chaos of 2020, fashion trends have not been lacking and continue to impress. This fall, many past trends are making immaculate comebacks, alongside outstanding new trends. This season is being heavily influenced by the trends of the 80’s and 90’s, with an honorable mention to the 50’s for the leather jacket trend. Essentially any look from the early seasons of FRIENDS is a go to for this fall. Here are the top 5 fashion trends to look for during fall 2020:

1. Leather. 

Leather is an iconic look that has popped in and out of fashion for years. This fall, leather jackets and leather pants are a staple of an impressive fashion look. It’s not only black leather that’s making a comeback. Colored leather is a hot trend that adds a pop of fun to any look.

2. Puffed sleeves.

Puffed sleeves are another style that has been in and out of fashion. This year, the trend has hit its stride and is giving dresses and dress shirts a sleek look. Worn during the day or at night, a puffed sleeve look dresses up any outfit, creating a powerful and trendy look  

3. Sweater vests. 

A Chandler Bing original. For a while, sweater vests were deemed the opposite of a hot fashion trend. This year, we are seeing just how versatile and fashionable sweater vests can be. Thrown over an oversized dress shirt and paired with a mini skirt, sweater vests give a chic refined look. Worn over a cute cap sleeve t-shirt with flare jeans, sweater vests give that cool, city-girl, retro vibe. 

4.Blazers. 

Oversized, cropped- it doesn’t matter. Throw a blazer over a sweater and jeans, leather pants, or a mini skirt and you have a sophisticated and winning look for the fall. 

5. Plaid. 

A plaid flannel is a timeless classic for fall fashion. While you can never go wrong with throwing an oversized plaid flannel over some jeans, this year we are seeing plaid make its mark in a couple of different ways. Plaid mini skirts and plaid jackets are perfect for that cute college academic look. 

Rachel Levine

Bucknell '22

Rachel is a psychology major and creative writing and legal studies minor from Avon, CT.
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell