This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The DFMO. The “Dance Floor Make Out.” My opinion? Definitely hot. Picture this: you just broke up with your significant other and want a “no strings attached” type of vibe for the night. The solution? DFMO. Or maybe you had a bad day and want some extra attention and to feel really hot and sought after by someone. The DFMO can cure that yearning for sure. Or maybe you are playing a fun game with your girlfriends to see how many guys will buy you drinks for the night and need a way to win. Giving a guy a little DFMO action could be the key to them opening up their wallet.

Don’t get me wrong, not everyone is for this kind of sloppy, little-too-public dance floor make out but sometimes a girl just needs to have fun, let loose, and get a little extra attention from a random hottie that’s caught their eye. Not only is the DFMO a mood booster, but I believe it also gives girls a sense of power. You can control how long you want this sensual smooch to be, whether that be a brief two minutes or a lengthy ten. There is also no need to limit your DFMO count in one night because, truth is, nobody probably even knows who you DFMO’d and there is definitely no pressure to take any of your DFMO conquests home. Typically, most of your DFMO adventures are just laughed about with your besties at the end of the night while your scarfing down some Dominos pizza.

Now my final argument in the case as to why everyone should be for the DFMO goes out to the romantics reading this piece. It may be rare, but I am sure it does happen where one in every one hundred of your DFMO targets could end up being your boyfriend of even your potential soulmate. So why not just go out and make out with people until you find that one true love? The DFMO may just unexpectedly surprise you…

Amanda Christy

Bucknell '21

I am a senior computer engineering student from Boston, Massachusetts. I love to play tennis, hang out with friends, and especially enjoy writing in my free time!
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell