Bucknell Community Dinners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Interested in making Bucknell a more inclusive place? Consider attending Bucknell’s last monthly Community Dinner for the year.

This week Ashley Lutjen Sandonato will be hosting a discussion about the role of dominant groups in combatting oppression and the value of both coalition building and strategic isolation.

Date: Wednesday, April 19th.

Time: 5:30-6:30PM.

Location: Walls Lounge.

The goal of each community dinner is to address an issue concerning diversity and inclusion. These dinners are a safe space for sharing ideas about how to make Bucknell a better place for all students, staff, and faculty.

Past examples of discussion topics include Race and Friendship, Trans*Visible, and Trigger Warnings: Sensitivity or Coddling.

Consider attending the event this Wednesday, especially since it’s the last opportunity for the year. It’s a fantastic opportunity for learning, connecting, and understanding different viewpoints.

What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.