The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Autumn is the perfect season to welcome change, drink pumpkin-spiced drinks, and cozy up to a good book. Although I can’t help you accomplish two of those things, I can certainly recommend books to you. If you’re looking for some reading inspiration, you’ve come to the right place!

Here are a few books to pick up this autumn:

1. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

“Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.” If this line alone doesn’t make you want to read this contemporary romance novel, I don’t know what will. 

Lily, a recent college graduate, has moved away from her small hometown in Maine to Boston to start her own business. A spark flourishes between Ryle, an arrogant neurosurgeon, and everything changes for Lily. Although a little stubborn, it’s undeniable that Ryle has a soft spot for Lily. It doesn’t help that Lily can’t get him out of her head. Relationships are threatened as old love finds its way into the picture. 

Colleen Hoover is one of my all time favorite authors. The material she writes is always so beautiful and heartfelt. This one is definitely a tear jerker, but so worth the read.

1. The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas

“The Spanish Love Deception” combines both fake dating and enemies-to-lovers tropes to create a hilarious romantic comedy. Catalina Martín needs a wedding date. Specifically, someone willing to play the role of “boyfriend” in order to impress her family who have long awaited Catalina to be in a relationship.

Aaron Blackford has been nothing more than a nuisance and a constant pain for Catalina. When Aaron suggests that he is the best man for the role, Catalina finds herself in a huge dilemma. 

With the combination of heartfelt moments and a beautiful plotline, this slow-burn romance will be sure to leave you wanting more. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54189398-the-spanish-love-deception

1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Following the murder of her husband, Alicia Berenson refuses to talk about why she shot her husband five times in the face. With no explanation, the mystery of why she did what she did grows. However, criminal psychotherapist, Theo Faber, thinks he is the one that can finally make Alicia speak up. What he thinks will be an easy task turns out to be one of the hardest experiences that makes him question his own personal motivations.

This shocking thriller is a perfect read for the spooky season ahead.  
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-silent-patient-alex-michaelides/1128638857

Madi is a senior Markets, Innovation, & Design major from Danville, Pennsylvania who intends to pursue a career in public relations/social media marketing. In her free time, you'll find Madi journaling, watching Gilmore Girls, or creating art in some way.