Best Foods to Eat at the Bison when the Temperature Hits the Negatives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s that time of year again when the temperature is lower than our age… Of course we need to bundle up with plenty of layers, but we also long for some food that keeps us the warmest in this weather. Here are some recommendations for the best food to eat at the Bison if you’re feeling extra chilly:

Chicken Noodle Soup

While this contains your carbs, veggies, and meat for a meal, it also keeps you extra toasty. Plus, a small cup is less than $3! 

Quesadillas

One of the most satisfying feelings has got to be when you take your first bite out of a warm quesadilla and the cheese becomes stretchy while you taste the savory meat of your choosing. Plus, the Bison gives you complementary tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream along with your meal!

Pancakes

The Firehouse Grill makes some delicious, fresh pancakes which is perfect for a cold morning. I would also recommend using the microwave at the Bison to heat up maple syrup for you to add some sweetness and flavor.

Mac n Cheese

Mondays are a popular night for Bison Fresh since its Mac n’ Cheese Monday. You can customize what veggies and meats you want as well as choosing between pepper jack and cheddar cheese as your sauce. Watching them cook it freshly is my favorite part about it, besides eating it obviously.

Chicken Parmesan

My favorite kind of night has got to be one where Chicken Parm is served. Eating chicken that’s crunchy on the outside but soft and savory on the inside is my favorite kind of chicken. Also, Bison Fresh always serves delicious pasta along with it. What more could you ask for?

Hot Chocolate

Everyone likes chocolate, so one can’t go wrong with a nice, hot, and sweet hot chocolate with some whipped cream on top. I’ve been told that you can make one at the Bison, and I know at 7th Street across the street, they can make a fresh one for you.

Is your mouth watering yet?

Clair Shin

Bucknell '21

Junior majoring in Mathematical Economics at Bucknell University