This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

In recent years, athleisure and other athletic apparel has become a huge trend in the clothing industry. As closets are filled with high quality workout pieces, bank accounts, including my own, are draining at an even faster rate. Instead of skimping on quality for a lower cost outfit, check out a few of these sites for affordable athletic clothes that are built to last. 

Leggings are a staple piece of clothing for any athleisure wardrobe, as they can even be mixed with sweaters, blouses and more to create a dressed up look. Instead of breaking the bank on Lululemon align leggings, browse Amazon to find dupes that are almost half the price. Brands on Amazon like Colorful Koala or CRZ Yoga have a variety of different colored leggings, tank tops, and shorts that are almost identical to Lululemon’s brand. Prices range from as low as $22 to $40 depending on the item for both brands. Some of their popular leggings are the Colorful Koala “Women’s Buttery Soft High Waisted Yoga Pants” or CRZ Yoga’s “Women’s Naked Feeling Workout Leggings.” 

Other popular brands with affordable yet high quality athletic wear are Aerie, Old Navy, and Gap. Aerie has been trending recently on several popular social media platforms, especially TikTok, for their creative takes on yoga pants. Their high-waisted crossover leggings have been flooding everyone’s closets for their flattering look, comfortable material, and overall low price. Right now, Aerie is offering 25-40% off their leggings, bringing their popular styles from $65 to $49, for example. While still slightly on the pricier side, it’s worth paying a few more dollars than the Amazon leggings for increased comfort and confidence. Old Navy and Gap offer leggings at similar prices to Aerie as well, and also have a great collection of sweaters, sweatshirts, and outerwear. It’s rumored that Old Navy leggings even use the same material as LuluLemon, and on sale, some of Old Navy’s leggings are as low as $9. All three brands also have plus size lines, making their clothes even more accessible.  

Macy’s, Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, and Kohls carry very popular name brand companies like Nike, Under Armor, and more for low prices as well. Taking the time to search through their endless selection of merchandise will definitely pay off in the end. No matter what store you choose from to fill your wardrobe, there is no doubt that you’ll be the most stylish in the gym, around town, or even just lounging around your house.

Kelty is a third-year writer at Bucknell from Wayne, PA