This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

A

Adirondack Chairs

The sweet sight that spring has sprung at Bucknell. If you’re lucky enough to snag one, hold onto it for your life. Lewisburg’s hottest commodity. 

B

Bertrand <3

Home to many sleepless nights and social laps, Bertrand is always there for you in times of need.

C

The ‘Caf’ 

The first year student’s hub. The best place to people watch around 5:00pm on a Saturday. 

D

Dogs on the QUAD

Nothing gets college kids more excited than puppies. Will I get out of my bed to go to the library? Debatable. But will I get out of my bed to go play with puppies? Absolutely. 

E

Evangelical

Hopefully you never end up here, but if you do at least you’ll leave with a good story. 

F

Flyson

Because their is truly no greater feeling than walking home from St. Catherine’s to find that there is no line to get nacho tots. 

G

The Graveyard

Conveniently located right next to St. Catherine’s street…if you listen closely you may hear a senior girl scream “bury me on St. Cathy’s” as she’s being dragged out of Lewisburg on graduation.

H

Hookups

The DFMO, the hookup from hell, the hookup with the boy you’re obsessed with…no matter the hookup you’re sure to find one you regret.

I

IronFront

Why Lewisburg needs a NYC-esque venue in the middle of nowhere is beyond me. If anyone knows who actually uses it besides greek organizations for date parties and formals please hit my line. 

J

Jersey Mike’s

If you haven’t been here yet, finish reading this article and GO. The best sandwiches Lewisburg has to offer. Prove. Me. Wrong.

K

Ken Langone

The unwritten mascot of Bucknell. He’s everywhere and he’s watching…oh and he also co-founded Home Depot.

L

The Lewisburg Bubble

Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no hiding that Bucknell students live in a bubble. 

M

The Mods

A housing option like no other. Try and name any other university that has a trailer park option for their student housing. You can’t. 

N

No8am

Every student’s best friend during course registration. Let’s have a moment of silence for all the kids that use No8am and STILL end up in a Tuesday/Thursday 8am. 

O

OIPS

For mouth-watering garlic bread. Trust me. 

P

The Penitentiary 

Do you ever find yourself watching the sunset on an adirondack chair staring peacefully at the super max security prison? Because same.  

Q

The Quads

The Engineering Quad, the RTK Quad, the Quad quad. Why do we have so many quads?!?

R

Railroad Tracks

Has anyone ever actually seen a train go by? Questionable. 

S

St. Cathy’s

The heart of Lewisburg. Home to Super Saturday, Wednesday nights, and houses with questionable names.

T

Townie

A name commonly used to describe a Lewisburg native or the bar…a word of many meanings.

U

Uphill vs Downhill

The largest debate on campus.

V

Vedder 

Psafe’s biggest liability concern.

W

“WhERe cAn i pARk?!?”

A question muttered in anger by every student on campus with a car. A campus surrounded by land, yet with ‘minimal’ space for parking.

X

X-rated

I think we can all agree…college is far from being PG.

Y

“Y is my tuition so high?”

Seriously? Where is all my money going?!

Z

ZzzzZZZZzzzz

All the sleep we need to get.

Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell