5 Apps For Your College Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Whether we’re walking between classes, killing time before class starts, or pretending not to look like a loner while waiting for our friends at lunchtime, collegiates of the 21st century spend an excessive amount of time staring at their smart phones. But what if this screen time could be put to good use? With Her Campus Bucknell’s top 5 apps for your college lifestyle, it can!

1.LALALAB (formerly known as Polagram)

Looking for that perfect gift for your friend? Want to add some pizzazz to the boring white walls of your dorm room? Well then the LALALAB app (formerly known as Polagram) has got you covered! Not only can you turn your phone pictures into old-fashioned Polaroids to hang on your walls, but you can also create customized gifts for all your friends. Printing photos and personalized gifts right from your iPhone has never been easier with the LALALAB app!  

2.Quizlet

Running from one test to another can be stressful and hectic, especially when you don’t even have time to read your study sheet from last night for the hundredth time. Now you can make the most of every study minute with the Quizlet app for your phone! Automatically syncing all of the flashcard sets you make online to your phone, you’ll have all of your study materials in one place. Now you have an excuse to stare at your phone screen while walking between classes so you can study away the minutes before your next exam! 

3. 7 Minute Workout “Seven” with High Intensity Interval Training Challenge

As busy college students, juggling classes, homework, meals and time to hang out with friends can be challenging. With packed schedules it can seem daunting and nearly impossible to fit in a workout at the gym – until now! With the “Seven” Workout app, you can say goodbye to workout equipment, weights and that excessively long line for the ellipticals at the gym, and hello to a refreshing, quick, daily workout routine. Simply open the app, click start and you’ll be transported into your own personal fitness class for just seven minutes. With 30-second intervals of simple, different workouts working you’ll work your arms, legs and butt all in the comfort of your dorm room.

4. SeizeTheDay To-Do List

From club meetings to sports practices, it can be tough to keep up with the timing and dates of your demanding schedule. But with the SeizeThe Day To- Do List app you can lay out all of your commitments in one central location. As you go through your day, you can listen to audible reminders reminding you of upcoming events while you check off each task you have completed. With the SeizeThe Day app, you’ll never miss another phone call, interview or club meeting again!

5.  Waze

Stuck in traffic when all you’re trying to do is get back to your friends at school after a long break at home? Well then it’s time to whip out your Waze app! With the help of fellow drivers reporting live traffic updates, the Waze app allows you to find the fastest route back to school. So what are you waiting for? Download the app that will save you time, gas mileage and aggravation the next time you are driving to and from campus!