3 Newsletters to Help You Break the Bubble

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Flipping through a print publication is old news, and thus there is no question that the art of reading a newspaper is dying. As V.I.P members of the digital age, our lives revolve around the media: we post what we eat on Instagram, we tweet what we are thinking, and we Snapchat what we are doing. Basically, we excel at breaking the Internet without any help from Kim Kardashian.

Undoubtedly, social media is a key component of our lives, and thus we should embrace it and its resources wholeheartedly. As well as helping us stay connected to our 600+ friends (and followers), social media helps us stay connected with what is going on across the world, too.

As collegiettes, we have the responsibility to keep up with what is going on in the world we live in. With tons of online resources at our fingertips, getting educated is now easier than ever, especially with the help of filters and search engines, so take advantage of those sources. Check out these great sites to help you get the latest information with the least amount of effort:

1. i Side With

Check out www.isidewith.com. This website is great tool if you want to become – and stay – politically active, as it helps you identify your candidate match through a survey. It also filters through stories suited to your candidate match so you can easily stay up to date. On the other hand, i Side With is can be used to get news on anything, as it compiles hundreds of stories from various sources from The Guardian to Politico to Huffington Post, among others. 

2. The Skimm

The Skimm is a daily e-mail newsletter that gives you all the information you need to start your day. They do all the work for you: the Skimmers reading across subject lines and party lines and break it down in a fresh way, converting tough content into quick and easy reads.

3. NYT Now Morning/Evening Briefing

Sign up online for the New York Times Morning or Evening Briefing to get all of the information you need to know to start your day, or a nightly rundown of the day’s top stories delivered to your e-mail inbox Monday through Friday. Here is an example of what your daily morning briefing may look like: