2013 From A to Z

Each new year brings with it the anticipation of what those four numbers will hold. 2013 promises new movies, budding actors and actresses, cool food trends, fads and fashion. So here is your guide from A to Z on what to look forward to in 2013. 

Anne Hathaway

She’s come a long way from her Princess Diaries days. Besides being nominated for an Oscar for her stunning performance in Les Misérables, Hathaway proved she was funny (with a stint on SNL) and sexy (with multiple magazine covers), as well. It seems she’s untouchable at the moment, and 2013 is sure to bring us lots to talk about from our favorite princess.

Runner Up: Amanda Seyfried

Remember when Amanda Seyfried was in “Mean Girls?” She, too, has come far since her weather-boob predicting days. With a role in Les Misérables and a whopping five movies set to come out in 2013, Seyfried is making her way in Hollywood without falling into the young celebrity party trap.

Brussel Sprouts

Remember those days you used to push those green balls off your plate? Not anymore.  Low in calories and fat, yet high in fiber, brussel sprouts have made a chic comeback. Filled with vitamins C and K, this veggie is nutritious and delicious! Try it roasted in a maple glaze or boiled in a balsamic dressing.

Chasing the Saturdays

The Saturdays are an English-Irish girl group who have found great success in the U.K. With hits like “If this is Love” and “What About Us,” a clothing, jewelry and nail polish line and some great group dynamics, this band is heading to the States to try their luck with an American audience. Catch Chasing the Saturdays on E! soon.

Runner Up: Chia Seeds

No longer a 90’s substitute for a real pet, chia seeds can now be found in fruit juices, baked in cookies or sprinkled on yogurt. They’re rich in omega-3 and have lots of antioxidants, protein and fiber. Who knew? 

Despicable Me 2

“It’s so fluffy I’m gunna die!” Agnes, Gru, Margo and the whole gang are back—in 3D. This is bound to be an eternally quotable, hysterical, awesome time. 

Emotion Recognition

A new computer program can read human expressions for marketing purposes. Knowing what makes you smile helps to shape companies products and the way they advertise them to you. Pretty sure we think this is more creepy than cool. 

Pages