Trade Joe\'S Bag Groceries
Trade Joe\'S Bag Groceries
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

10 Vegan Trader Joe’s Items You Must Try!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

If you’re anything like me you absolutely love Trader Joe’s and stop by at least once a week with a long list of items to try. This week I want to share with you my ultimate guide to vegan treats at the store. Whether you’re a dedicated vegan or have never tried before these items are shopping list worthy and taste incredible. 

1. Meatless meatballs

These are a new find for me and I decided to put them on a hamburger bun with some sauce to act as a sloppy joe. You can also put these in red sauce and spaghetti to create a flavorful and vegan pasta dish. 

1. Falafel Balls

Falafels are one of my favorite foods so finding them in the vegan section was amazing. I usually will make myself a grain bowl with the falafel acting as my protein. You can add anything you want into the bowls including, tomato, avocado, dried fruit and vinaigrette. So healthy!

1. Chickenless Mandarin Orange Morsels

These were my first major vegan obsession from Trader Joe’s and for a very good reason, they are so good. They taste almost identical to chicken and have a fantastic flavor. I usually make white rice with soy sauce and roasted broccoli with these. The package also comes with enough morsels to share with a friend or have leftovers!

1. Chickenless Crispy Tenders

I cannot stop buying these! These chicken-less tenders are fantastic with just some plain ketchup or mayonnaise. They are also good chopped up into a salad or cut up onto an open face sandwich. However you eat these, they are truly a vegan find!

1. Speculoos Cookies

These cinnamon spiced caramelized Belgian cookies hit the absolute spot for a quick and easy vegan dessert. I enjoy them with some coffee or I grab my favorite vegan chocolate hazelnut spread and put it between two cookies as a sandwich. Definitely try these if you love the little cookies they give you on long flights but vegan! 

1. Vegan Kale, Cashew and Basil Pesto

This pesto is not only vegan but one of the most complex pestos I’ve tasted. All the flavors combine to create a very layered flavor profile. I usually put this on some pasta or I will add it to a tomato and chickpea salad. Pesto is good with just about anything so go crazy with this one!

1. Green Goddess Salad Dressing 

This avocado and green onion based dressing is so tasty and a perfect substitute for ranch or blue cheese dressing. I add this to any type of salad you can imagine. It’s definitely a versatile dressing and something to keep in your fridge if you’re thinking of becoming a vegan.

1. Cauliflower Gnocchi 

Gnocchi is the perfect light pasta alternative that I love eating when I’m feeling like pasta might be too heavy that night. This cauliflower based gnocchi is great with pesto or red sauce. It’s super easy to cook and stays right in the freezer until ready. 

1. Vegan tikka Masala 

I love chicken tikka masala and this is a great vegan variation on it. This meal can be eaten alone and is a great dinner option. I’ll pair it with a salad and some fruit and its simply as tasty as a chicken included meal.

1. Riced Cauliflower Bowl 

These bowls are so healthy and vegan! Filled with sweet potatoes, chickpeas and tofu…three of my favorite foods, these bowls are insanely tasty and give you exactly what you need for a healthy and vegan dinner. 

Trader Joe’s makes going vegan much easier! Try out these vegan items the next time you stop by your local Trader Joe’s! I have a feeling you’ll love them just as much as I do

Good vibes and lots of love!
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell