What to Watch on Netflix During These Stressful Times

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s no secret that we’re living in extremely stressful times. With everything going on, we deserve to have a happy place to go to, whether it is a physical space or just a movie/TV show on Netflix. That’s why I’m here to give you the happiest things to watch on Netflix right now so you can get lost in another world.

The Great British Baking Show

There is no show happier in this world than The Great British Baking Show. I have only watched this show for about two weeks now, but it is honestly the most feel-good show I have seen in a long time. All of the contestants are so kind and encouraging of each other, not to mention the delicious desserts they make. Each judge and contestant is so welcoming and helpful, and it is so nice to watch a competition show where they support each other instead of drag each other down. This is the perfect show to watch when you’re stuck at home; it takes your mind off of everything bad in the world, even when it feels like the world is falling apart.

Miracle

If you’re looking for a feel-good sports movie, then Miracle is the perfect thing to watch. Especially since live sports are not playing on channels right now, sports movies can give you the happiness and thrill you’re missing out on. There is no greater feeling of American pride than when watching the men’s U.S. hockey team win the 1980 Olympics. Also, since I go to the college where almost half of the team attended (Boston University), this movie is a right of passage.

Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is the ultimate heartwarming show. No matter what mood you’re in, it just makes you feel better. Watching Lorelai and Rory get coffee at Luke’s Diner or watching Rory encounter life at school just provides a constant in your life; they will always be there for you in Stars Hollow. This show will take into the Gilmore girls’ world, where nothing can go wrong (except for maybe Rory’s boy problems).

A Cinderella Story

Another classic. A Cinderella Story tells the timeless tale of a beautiful girl with an unsatisfying life falling for the popular, handsome boy. Watching Hillary Duff and Chad Michael Murray in this outstanding movie will never grow old, and it will always take my mind to a faraway place of magic and fairy tales. I highly recommend watching this if you are just looking for an escape.

Love Is Blind

Love Is Blind is the perfect binge-watch right now. If anything can get your mind off of what’s happening in the world, it’s a reality show about a bunch of singles trying to find love through a wall. In this show, you find out if love is truly blind as the contestants get engaged without ever having seen each other, travel to Mexico, live together, and eventually get married. This whirlwind of a show truly keeps your attention and you will watch the whole season in one day (which is what we all need nowadays). 

Netflix will always be there for you, even when the rain starts to pour.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hi! My name is Isabelle Durso, and I am a sophomore at Boston University studying Journalism and Film & TV at the College of Communication! I am so excited to be a part of this amazing, empowering community of young women.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.