Top 10 Things to Bake for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the holiday season approaches, it’s the perfect time of the year to make some tasty baked goods with your family and friends! If you’re looking for baking ideas, here are my top 10 recommendations (with recipes!).

Yule Log Cake

Yule logs are classic Christmas cakes that represent ancient traditions. One of these would make the perfect centerpiece to your holiday celebrations!

Peppermint Bark

Peppermint bark is a classic Christmas treat. It also makes the perfect gift for others and, even better, it’s really easy to make.

bark?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Photo courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Peppermint Meringues

While meringues are a bit more challenging to make, they’re definitely worth it! You can make them with different colors, such as red, green, or yellow!

Hot chocolate Cookies

These cookies are the perfect companion to a mug of hot chocolate. In fact, one of the key ingredients of this dessert is hot chocolate mix!

Gingerbread Cookies

These gingerbread cookies have a soft center and crisp edges. They’re the perfect thing for get-togethers, since you can make a fun group activity out of decorating them however you like. For example, try adding your favorite candy or frosting.

Bundt Cake

While some cakes can be a bit intimidating to make, this bundt cake is very beginner-friendly. It doesn’t take a lot of time or effort and will always turn out delicious.

Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

These Christmas cookies are a classic for a reason! They are as rich and fudgy as brownies, yet still have the texture of a cookie, making them the best of both worlds.

Candy Cane Cookies

These candy cane cookies are the perfect treat if you love peppermint. They’re easy to bake and perfect to bring to a holiday party!

Candy Canes
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Penguin Cookies

While these penguin cookies take a bit longer than most, it’s worth it when you realize how creative you can get when making them! You can even turn it into a competition with your friends and family to see who can make the next penguin.

Snowman Cupcakes

These snowman cupcakes are great to enjoy while sitting down and watching Frosty the Snowman! They almost look too cute to eat!

Any of these baked goods would be the perfect way to level up your holiday season!

My name is Ava Kim and I am a freshman at Boston University. I am also on the media team and one of the Tik Tok creators for Her Campus! I love creating Tik Toks based on BU's campus as well as anything currently trending! I am apart of BU's 3+3 physical therapy program! I enjoy taking classes in STEM but love the creative freedom that Her Campus gives me. I am looking forward to being involved in research on campus as well as working with other physical therapy students! I am very passionate about photography and enjoy taking photos of everything! From vacations to portraits, I bring my camera everywhere. I also love to bake and read whenever I get stressed. I found that it is something that destresses me and lets me express myself!