This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I used to hate podcasts. I found them so boring, and I could not get through them. It took me a while to find the right podcasts that truly resonated with me. These podcasts changed my life and my perspective on podcasts in general. If you hate podcasts, too, try giving each of these a listen!  

The Daily

If you can’t get enough of politics, this is the podcast for you! “The Daily” is a great way to stay informed about what is going on in the United States and around the world. It covers some dense topics, such as the stock market and COVID-19, in a very digestible way. Even if you are not a huge fan of politics, it is a good way to learn about important issues. The episodes are also really short, so it won’t take a large amount of time out of your day to stay engaged in politics! (I swear I don’t just love this podcast because I’m a political science major — it’s actually really good.)

Talk Nasty to Me

This podcast is hosted by Nicole Rafiee, an amazing YouTuber that I definitely recommend checking out. “Talk Nasty to Me” is Nicole’s own podcast where she discusses a lot of hilarious storytimes and issues related to self-care and her own life. Whenever I listen to this podcast, I feel like I am listening to my best friend talk because of her calming presence. She is great at being herself and is very candid about issues going on in her life. She does not shy away from any topics, and she is so thoughtful when she speaks. I love her so much and would recommend this podcast if you want a combination of deep and not-so-deep topics!

i saw ur tweet, r u ok?

Rafiee also has a second podcast with her friend Jake. “i saw ur tweet, r u ok?” never fails to make me laugh. I listen to this podcast whenever I need to escape my thoughts and laugh. Again, this podcast makes me feel like I am with my group of friends, laughing right alongside them. This podcast focuses a lot on stories from their lives, and their banter is unmatched. I would highly recommend this if you need a laugh!

Anything Goes

If you know me, you know I love Emma Chamberlain. Her podcast, “Anything Goes,” makes me love her even more. If you watch her videos, you know she can get personal. However, her podcasts are even more personal, and it feels like you are getting to know her as you listen to more and more episodes. I love how her content is a combination of advice and the things she is passionate about, such as fashion. Whenever she gives advice, she does so in a way that focuses on her own experiences, and she always relates to everything in a deep way. She is such an inspiration, and this podcast always makes me feel good about myself.

The Glow Show

Out of all the podcasts on the list, this probably is my favorite. This podcast is hosted by a YouTuber named Hannah — also known as Smokey Glow — and her husband Charles. I love this podcast so much because they touch on so many different and important issues. They have talked about political and social justice issues and are also very aware of their white privilege when talking about these issues. They also bring in their own experiences since they both have jobs in school settings, which brings a unique perspective to some of these issues.

This podcast also touches on topics regarding their own lives and their lives during the pandemic. It is so refreshing to see people staying responsible during this pandemic! “The Glow Show” is also on YouTube in video format, so if you don’t like just listening to them, you can watch it!

I hope some of these podcasts sparked your interest and gave you some new podcasts to listen to! I really hope you like all of these, and if you don’t, at least you can discover what you do or do not like!

What are you waiting for? Open your device, and listen to a new episode! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Alice is a Boston University sophomore studying political science and environmental analysis and policy. She is passionate about politics, music, and fashion.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.