Style > Beauty

The Top 5 Beauty Products for Summer 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Every summer, I look forward to seeing what the new beauty trends will be. With a rise in TikTok engagement over the last few years, there’s always a new nail color or hair mask popping up on my For You page this time of year! So, let’s take a look at what beauty products could be in your cart this summer. 

Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil

This first product is surely at the top of my shopping list for the summer: Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil. TikTok creators have been promoting the new product since it was released, many testing out all eight of the stunning shades for viewers. I first saw the lip oil on TikTok and have been obsessed with the “Serenity” color ever since. The reviews say it even doubles as a lip stain and non-stick oil. Perfect for days spent basking in the summer sun, this lip product is a must-try!

Supergoop! SPF

Summer isn’t summer without a good tan, but let’s make sure it’s a safe one! The skincare brand “Supergoop!” has sun protection in all capacities. From your daily SPF to their Glowscreen product, they’ve got you covered all summer long. I just recently bought their Glowscreen in the shade “Golden Hour” and was able to try it out over Spring break. The shimmer lasted all day in the sun, and I was still able to stay protected from the strong Floridian rays. Safe to say, I’ll be stocking up on this product for the summer!

Amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask

With the humidity that summer brings mixed with the salty beach water, I always find that my hair struggles to hold its natural moisture. If you feel like you can relate to this, then the Amika Soulfood Nourish Hair Mask is the perfect product for your summer beauty list. The vitamins and nutrients combine perfectly with the creamy texture of the mask to revitalize your hair after a long day in the summer heat. Dry and frizzy hair is inevitable in the summer, but this hair mask is the perfect pick-me-up.

Chrome Nails

Yet another trend that has blown up on TikTok in the last few months, chrome nails will be a beauty favorite this summer. Personally, I love this trend and cannot wait to try it out this summer with some fun colors. This style is so versatile; you can go for the simple “glazed donut” look with a pearl or iridescent shade or break into some of OPI’s bright summer colors with a hot pink or tangerine under the chrome effect. This nail trend is super fun for a night out in the summer, and the chrome shimmer will pop in the sun!

Eco Style Hair Gel — Olive Oil

The last product you have to add to your summer wish list is a good quality hair gel, or “goop,” as girls everywhere have been calling it. This is another product I first saw on TikTok, and I fell in love with it. The slick-backed hair look has skyrocketed in popularity this past year, and it is the perfect style for the summer when it’s too hot to leave your hair down. The Eco Style Hair Gel, infused with Olive Oil, will last you all summer and hold your hair secure in place, despite the heat.

Beauty trends are what you make them! So, have fun trying out these products, and maybe they’ll help you discover your new summer favorites.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Geena Prestia is a junior at BU studying journalism with an Italian minor. She's been a writer for Her Campus since the fall of her sophomore year. She enjoyed writing for HCBU so much that she decided to take on more responsibility as an editor in the spring and is currently an Senior Editor & Writing Director intern! Outside of Her Campus, Geena has always felt empowered in strong female environments and, in the spring of her freshman year, joined the Rho Chapter of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority. As an academic, Geena involves herself in many on-campus clubs to further her journalism experience. She was the multimedia editor the BU's The Daily Free Press, a correspondent and editor for the WTBU radio show, and is currently working as a 2nd-year marketing intern for BU Admissions. Geena also accepted a remote journalism internship for the spring semester, with a NYC based entertainment publication called The Garnette Report. In her free time, Geena loves traveling, writing, spending time with her big Italian family, exploring Boston with her friends, and country concerts! She is also very passionate about the arts and was a competitive singer and dancer from a young age. Geena has only ever had a pet fish but hopes to one day become a bulldog mom!