Take Some Time to Be Lazy on Sundays!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays. I love Sundays because it is still the weekend, I have no obligations, and I could sleep all day if I wanted to. Yet, I also hate Sundays for this exact reason: this is the last day of the weekend. I want to make the most of it; but at the same time, it is the only day I can properly rest and do nothing.

As college women, we always have so much to do. Juggling between classes, homework, extracurriculars, and sometimes a job can be overwhelming. We often end up feeling guilty about taking some time for ourselves. Over the years, I grew to understand what I needed: enjoying some lazy Sundays. Here are my 5 favorite things to do when I need some “me time.” You can pick only one or do all of them; either way I promise it won’t feel like you’ve wasted your entire Sunday!

Don’t party too hard Saturday night

Easier said than done, I know, but it works wonders. I had my fair share of Sundays spent dying in my bed, and you and I both know that this is the worst way to finish the week! So, say no to that extra drink and have a glass of water instead. You will thank yourself later.  

Get some beauty sleep

Being a college woman is hard and it too often means cutting down on your sleep schedule. Sleeping when you could be partying/studying/binge-watching a TV show feels like a waste, but it is the best thing you can do for both your body and your mind. Just try to wake up one or two hours after you would normally do and see how it feels.  

Paint your nails

Painting your nails takes so much time! I like to start with a base, apply two coats of a bright color (blue is my favorite), and finish with a topcoat, which always ends up taking me more than an hour. That’s why I do it on Sundays! Depending on your skills, and (let’s be honest) your motivation, you can choose a classy nude shade. I really like these shades by Deborah Lippmann as well as festive nail art!

Watch a movie

While your nails are drying, you can watch the episode you missed last week or the new movie on Netflix. I typically choose a movie so I won’t end up binge watching the entire season. I also like to watch foreign movies or TV shows in their original version, so it almost feels like studying! If you study French, I recommend Girlhood by Céline Sciamma (and it is on Netflix!).

Apply a face mask

I like to finish the weekend by applying a face mask. I find the act of removing the mask to be very therapeutic; It feels like removing negative things from your life.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and remember: lazy Sundays don’t have to be a waste of your time!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Iris is an Exchange Student at Boston University and is getting her Master's degree in Digital Marketing. Originally from France, she is really excited to discover Boston. She is passionate about Feminism, Queer issues, and Fashion. In her free time, Iris can be found Thrifting, watching TV shows, and Baking. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.