Nine Beautiful Posters for Every Personality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

One of the hardest parts of starting college is being away from home, and one of the easiest ways to cure homesickness is to make your room a little more homey. If you feel like you need to decorate your space more but don’t quite know where to start, this article will point you in the right direction for posters based on your personality:

1. For the Tough Cookie

This poster is for the girl who loves to remind herself that she is a strong, independent woman who is capable of anything. It’s colorful and powerful, which will bring the perfect touch to any dorm wall. This print is available on redbubble.com.

2. For the Aspiring Gardener

If you love the outdoors and the beauty of nature but are too afraid to raise a plant, this poster lets you have a whole dry garden right in your room! Put it next to your window for that extra wholesome ambiance. This print is available on society6.com.

3. For the Vinyl Enthusiast

Let your roomies and your friends know how much you love your vinyl! For the record store junkies and music analysts that want the simple image of a record to decorate their desk space, this print is available on uncommongoods.com.

4. For the Bibliophile

Do you find yourself unable to put a good book down no matter how much homework you have to do? Ever get so lost in a book that you forget about reality? Then yes, you are a bibliophile and this design is for you. It’s available on society6.com.

5. For the Animal Lover

This poster is the equivalent to (if not better than) looking up cute animal pictures and videos when you’re super stressed out. Hang it on your wall to feel like your furry friends are always there to pick you up! You can find it on society6.com.

6. For the Die-Hard Coffee Fan

Prediction: I see a vanilla latte in your future. If your motto is,“But First, Coffee,” then this is the perfect design for you. It reminds you to pick up a cup before class to avoid grouchy mornings and distraction during your day. This is found on society6.com.

7. For the Free Spirit

If you love to travel and adventure excites you, then this poster belongs in your room. Put it up to remind yourself of awesome trips, to inspire yourself to travel, and do more whenever the universe allows. Carpe Diem! It can be found on society6.com.

8. For the Art History Buff

When you can’t make it to the museum but need a work of art to admire, this Frida poster will make your day. Make it the centerpiece of your wall so you can show off its beauty to your friends and admire it at any time. This design is found on etsy.com.

9. For the Women Empowerment Advocate  

For those days where you feel like nothing is going your way and you need some inspiration, this powerful poster of some of the most inspiring women in history will cheer you up! Plus, you can say that Beyoncé and Michelle Obama hang in your room and it doesn’t get any better than that. This print can be found on redbubble.com.

No matter who you are or what you love, at least one of these posters will suit your personality and will add the nicest touch to your room.

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.