This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

By Geneve Lau

This past weekend, I shared my BU story, experience, and dorm room with an admitted student. As an Admissions Ambassador, we are required to sign up to host a student either through admitted student visits or multicultural community weekend.

This year’s Multicultural Community Weekend had over 300 attendees, the largest in history at Boston University.

In addition to helping students gain a better understanding of the Boston University through a host and mentor, students also participate in programming planned by the Admissions Student Diversity Board (ASDB) and Center for Gender, Sexuality, and Activism (CGSA). Students got the opportunity to venture into the city of Boston, as well as see performances from some of our many student groups on campus.

Personally, I loved getting to interact with the admitted students. Although it was exciting to speak with those who were already committed to BU–my guest, for example–my interactions with those who were still deciding between schools was the most impactful. I loved being able to see people skeptical at first, but by the end of their stay, convinced that BU was the place for them.

I see myself in some of the students I get to speak with. I see their potential to grow, and I want to make myself an available resource and mentor for them to reach their fullest potential.

Multicultural Community Weekend happens every year at BU! If you want to make a direct impact on an admitted student’s life next year, make sure you sign up to be a host!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.