This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I look forward to the weekend for a lot of reasons, but especially because it means I treat myself to yummy breakfasts! If I don’t go to brunch, I’ll grab a breakfast sandwich. I’ve basically eaten my way through Boston’s breakfast sandwiches, and here are my top picks.

Mike and Patty’s

Discovering Mike and Patty’s was the greatest thing to happen to my weekend routine. The actual shop is tiny and located on a corner in Bay Village. You have to place orders online, and they’ll call your name when it’s ready! The wait is completely worth it, and if you order ahead, it’s usually ready when you arrive! The grilled crack is my favorite sandwich—I mean, look at that cheese!

Tatte

Tatte is also super close to BU’s campus and gets most of its publicity from brunch options like the avocado toast and shakshuka. A lot of people forget that they have delicious to-go options. I recommend ordering the croissant egg sandwich online, picking it up, and eating it at home!

Davis Square Donuts & Bagels

Located in Somerville’s Davis Square, this breakfast spot makes a killer egg sandwich. It’s usually crowded, but the line moves fast. You can really get any combination of a bagel, meat, egg, and cheese! They have something for everyone!

Pavement Coffeehouse

Pavement is awesome because they have a location right on BU’s campus, one in Allston, and others around the city! They have great coffee, and their breakfast sandwiches do not disappoint. I honestly dream about their bagels, and I’m convinced they’re what makes the sandwiches so good!

Mamaleh’s

Mamaleh’s is your go-to for Jewish deli items, especially breakfast. They serve classic egg sandwiches but also have the option to grab a bagel with toppings like lox, whipped dill cream cheese, and capers. The pastrami egg and cheese is definitely a favorite though. 

I love breakfast sandwiches because they’re so easy to grab and go, making them the perfect meal for a day exploring the city or running errands. What do you think of my list? Did I miss any?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.