This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I can’t believe that it’s been 3 years since I moved to Boston. In these 3 years, I’ve absolutely fallen in love with “Beantown” and I can’t believe that I have lived here for so long. In that time, I’ve been fortunate to find my favorite places in the city because I’ve been lucky enough to spend the last years here.

1. Sonsie

Photo credit: Dean Jackson, Flickr

I LOVE breakfast, and Sonsie is probably my favorite place I’ve gone to for breakfast in the city. It’s the cutest restaurant with THE BEST coffee. It’s a little pricey, but the French toast is delish and so worth it.

2. The Esplanade

Photo Credit: Isaac Wedin, Flickr

My family actually makes fun of me for my love of the Charles River Esplanade, but I can’t think of anywhere I love more in the city. It feels like an escape from the city and is my absolute favorite place to go for a walk or a run!

3. The North End

Photo Credit: Guy Renard, Flickr

The North End is a great place to bring friends and family that are visiting—The North End’s restaurants especially came in handy when my siblings visited in a rotation for about a month over the summer. Everything from the cannolis to, most importantly, the PASTA is amazing and 10/10 would recommend.

4. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

Photo Credit: Smart Destinations

The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is my favorite museum that I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot of museums (thanks, Grandma). The whole museum is a work of art because Isabella Stewart Gardner was an art collector in the 1800’s and the museum is her old house. Every piece is significant and beautiful.

5. The Museum of Fine Arts

Photo Credit: Bill Damon, Flickr

My other favorite museum in the city is the MFA. Luckily, my student ID gets me in for free. There’s everything from American Historical Art to African Art. Also, there are foreign film festivals, which are so fun to go to. This summer, I went to some French films and they were “marveilleux”.

Boston is my favorite place, and if you’re looking for recommendations, look no further than the 80,000 college students who go to school in this fun city. Don’t forget to “park the car in Harvard Yard.”

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.