Wellness

A Few of My Favorite Things: October Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fall is in full swing and the weather is colder. Therefore, my day-to-day life has changed a bit, too. From shorts and t-shirts to jeans and sweaters and iced drinks to warm ones, the change between the seasons is always a fun transition. Here are some of my October favorites:

Starbucks Order: Chai Latte with Oat Milk

Call it a blessing or a curse, but I’ve never liked coffee no matter how much I try to change it. So, I’ve pretty much always been a tea girl. Something about a hot chai tea latte in the autumnal weather just feels right. With the temperature in Boston dipping below 50 degrees the past couple of weeks, I finally caved and ordered my first hot latte of the season.

Fragrance: Sol de Janeiro Anitta 

If you’ve ever been shopping in a Sephora and you don’t walk out with at least one product you didn’t plan on buying, are you a real “beauty insider?” Yeah, so that was me earlier this month when I stopped by Sephora to pick up a couple of skincare products and ended up leaving with a new fragrance, too. The scent is definitely sweeter than what I usually gravitate towards, but it’s a fun, warm change to what I normally wear. Now, I’m just sad that it’s a limited edition scent.

Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson

As someone who probably cares a little too much about everything, this book offers a refreshing perspective on letting go. While it may be considered one of those “self-help” books, I genuinely believe that it provides realistic solutions to approaching adversity. It’s certainly a good read, and I’ve already recommended it to many people.

Snack: Trader Joe’s Spicy Mochi Rice Nuggets

Takis, Hot Cheetos, TJ’s Chili & Lime chips, you name it — I’m a sucker for spicy snacks. So, when I saw the Spicy Mochi Rice Nuggets on one of my Trader Joe’s runs, I automatically grabbed a bag. Now, these are very spicy. The kind of spicy food that makes your mouth feel like it’s on fire just a little bit. Either way, I like them enough that I bought a second bag on my trip back just this week. They’re way different than many of the spicy snacks I’ve tried before, but they’re just as addicting.

Trader Joe\'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Hair Product: Ouai Leave-In Conditioner

Wow, do I love this product! Not only does it smell incredible but it leaves my hair soft and voluminous. The bottle is easy to use — the spray nozzle is a fine mist and doesn’t leave your hair feeling weighed down and full of product. As the weather gets colder and the air gets drier, I really need some extra moisture for my hair. Since I started using it, I feel like my hair has been given new life and I will definitely be buying another bottle. 

Sunny, cool fall days with the leaves changing colors provide such a beautiful kind of serotonin. The great products that I have revisted or discovered during these months all just add to the fun of the season. Happy autumn!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!