Style > Beauty

My Favorite Glossier Skincare Products, Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hi, my name is Emma and I’m addicted to Glossier.

But in all seriousness, Glossier is one of those brands for me that dominates my bank account, especially their skincare. As someone who has struggled with stress and hormonal acne, I always had trouble finding products that actually did something. Since discovering Glossier skincare, I cannot rave enough about how much it has helped my skin. Over the past two years, I have tried and/or acquired everything that Glossier skincare has to offer. Because of this, I thought it would be helpful for others to see which products work and which don’t. Over the end of the summer and beginning of the fall, Glossier had a pop-up shop in Boston for about three months, and I’ve visited it three times. Honestly, I wish it was here all year round, but my bank account definitely doesn’t. Well, without further ado, here are all of Glossier skincare ranked from my favorite to least favorite.

Solution

I’m pretty sure that Glossier solution saved my skin’s life. This is my most favorite product that Glossier sells and I use it every single day after I wash my face. This product is especially good for acne-prone skin, like mine. But I would recommend this to anyone looking to add to their skincare routine. Since I started using this solution, my skin has improved so much that I could go on and on about it. But long story short, if you take anything out of this article, it should be to BUY GLOSSIER SOLUTION for beautiful skin!

Balm Dotcom

Balm Dotcom currently comes in eight different flavors/shades. I have the mango, berry and the “birthday” flavors. I use Balm Dotcom every single day and I always carry it on me wherever I go. It’s my go-to lip balm! But Balm Dotcom isn’t just a lip balm for me; I also use it on super dry patches of skin and if I ever pick my skin, I put it on those spots at night. Balm Dotcom is one of those things that is a cure-all for me!

Priming Moisturizer: Rich

For someone who has dry skin, having a good moisturizer is key to my skincare routine. The Rich Priming Moisturizer from Glossier is that for me. I use this every night and every morning. It also has no strong smells and doesn’t leave my skin oily. If you don’t have dry skin, I would recommend the Regular Priming Moisturizer (but that comes later on in this list).

Zit Stick

You know how everyone raves about the Mario Badescu drying lotion? Well, I have tried that and the Glosser Zit Stick, and to be honest, I like the Zit Stick better. This magic little pen gets rid of my pimples so quickly and so easily, and it is clear so I can wear it all day any day.

Super Bounce, Super Glow, Super Pure

Now, I am placing all of the serums in the same place, but I do like each of them for a different reason and I do have a favorite. Again, for someone who tends to have dry skin, I love the Super Bounce. I use it in between the Solution and my moisturizer to add a little extra moisture into my skin. I also use the Super Pure on occasion when my skin is breaking out to help with that. The Super Glow is nice as well to give your skin a little glow, especially during the winter months, but is sadly my least favorite of the three.

Mega Greens Galaxy Mask

My main reason for using masks is to help my skin when it is struggling a bit and I have found that this mask definitely helps in that area. It detoxes my skin and makes my skin feel super clean. If anyone is looking for a mask that does that, then I would recommend this one!

Futuredew

Futuredew is Glossier’s newest product, having been launched only a few weeks ago, but since my roommate and I are obsessed with Glossier, we bought it right when it came out. I do like what Futuredew does, adding a dewiness to your skin that lasts all day long. But my one qualm with this product is that it is very oily. For the winter months, I’m not foreseeing this to be a problem, but as someone who touches their skin way too much, getting oil on my hands is not what I am looking for.

Priming Moisturizer

I told you that I would talk about the normal moisturizer. I do enjoy this product, especially in the summer when I don’t need the kind of moisture that I desire in the winter, but I personally just prefer the Rich Moisturizer. To each their own, honestly.

Bubblewrap

This is one of the few products from Glossier that I actually don’t own, but that I’ve tried. My sister owns Bubblewrap, but personally, I never felt the need to spend money on an eye and lip plumping cream. When I did try this, I did see a difference on my under eyes, so if you are looking for something that will make you look like you slept more than you did (college, am I right?) then this is something that you may want to spend the money on.

Moisturizing Moon Mask

Now I know that people rave about this mask, but I have conflicting feelings about it. Personally, I think it works better if you put it a super thin layer on and sleep with it on versus how you use a normal mask. When I use this mask normally, I feel like my skin is left feeling kind of sticky, but it is also super moisturizing, which is a big plus.

Invisible Shield

This is an everyday sunscreen that is going to be my next purchase from Glossier. It is ranked so low because I have not gotten to try it out for a long period of time, but putting on sunscreen every day is something that is so good for your skin. This formula also does not make my skin feel oily or heavy, which is something that is good for something that I want to wear every day.

Milky Oil

Okay yes, I know that it says oily in the name, but I hate when my face feels oily. Therefore, I would rather use another makeup remover over this one. But I do know people who love how soft this makes their skin feel after taking makeup off.

Soothing Face Mist

This is another product that I don’t actually own but have tried. I feel like this product is super good for traveling since that can make your skin break out and get super dry. But I don’t think that I fly enough to convince myself to buy a bottle of roseWATER spray.

Milky Jelly Cleanser

I so badly want to love the Milky Jelly Cleanser from Glossier, but I don’t. I like the consistency and how it makes my skin feel but it smells like my grandma’s house and I cannot get over that. I don’t like it when products have a perfume smell and this one definitely does.

If you’re in the market for new skincare, be sure to check out some of my fave Glossier products from this list!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is a junior at Boston University majoring in English and minoring in Women and Gender Studies, in the College of Arts and Sciences. When not in class you can find the New York native writing/reading with a chai in hand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.