Spoon Csu-Mixing Bowl Whisk
Spoon Csu-Mixing Bowl Whisk
Brooke Buchan / Spoon

My 5 Go-To Home Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Every time I log into Netflix, there seems to be yet another cooking show popping up. I’m not complaining of course, as I can often find myself spending hours binging The Great British Bake-Off and Cupcake Wars. While these shows can spark some baking creativity, it can be a bit intimidating trying to think of fun, creative recipes you can do at home. I’ve compiled a variety of recipes that will challenge your culinary techniques, but are also accessible and fun!

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls are a classic breakfast treat, and are surprisingly easy to make. Most of the ingredients can be found in your cabinet, plus you’re free to add as much frosting as you want.

Here’s the recipe from Bake from Scratch!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Most of us have a jar of peanut butter on our shelves, waiting to be put to better use than on a PB&J. These peanut butter sandwich cookies may look complex, but the recipe is completely doable in reality.

Here’s the recipe from Browned Butter Blondie!

Upside Down Banana Cake

If you have any left-over bananas sitting out, this recipe is perfect to put them to good use. The ingredients and recipe are simple, yet the result looks stunning.

Here’s the recipe from Joy the Baker!

Classic Chocolate Cake

Sometimes, it’s best to go back to the OG chocolate cake, yet this recipe has a bit of a twist as it’s completely vegan! As long as you have some almond milk and vegan chocolate chips, this recipe should be a breeze.

Here’s the recipe from Cupful of Kale!

Almond Toffee Bark

Three ingredient recipes are always a breeze to make, and this one is no different. All you need are almonds, chocolate, and toffee, and you’re ready to make a quick, delicious dessert.

Here’s the recipe from Baker by Nature!

I hope these recipes provide some baking inspiration and lead to some cooking creativity in your own kitchen. All these accounts have hundreds of other recipes to follow as well, just in case there are other recipes you’re looking to try. Happy baking!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ruby is a sophomore from Phoenix, Arizona studying computer science and media science at BU. She loves to express her passions through writing, and hopes to help some readers along the way. Besides writing for Her Campus, Ruby spends her time cooking, reading, and exploring new coffee shops.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.