This year's quarantine has cultivated my love for baking. I have always been fascinated by videos of pastry chefs creating the most exquisite and delicate desserts. Baking, to me, is quite literally a science, and the skills possessed by many chefs never fail to blow me away. Over the last few months, I have experimented with various recipes of cakes, pastries, and cookies, and would even go as far as to say I have perfected some of them! (Dad’s approval is the only one that matters, right?) The lemon cake recipe below was the starting point of my new hobby, and I am beyond excited to share it with you all!
[bf_image id="q9a7c3-6qpi5k-thkat"] Ingredients:
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup milk
Yellow food color (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 180C / 356F.
- In a bowl, combine your sugar, condensed milk, lemon zest, and melted butter. Whisk these ingredients till there are no visible lumps.
- Combine your flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve the ingredients till there are no granules.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk the batter.
- Lastly, add the milk to the batter and combine everything till a smooth, thick batter is formed.
- If you want your lemon cake to look more vibrant, feel free to add in a few drops of yellow food dye.
- Let your cake bake for about 40-50 minutes.