Style

I Modeled for Her Campus & Primark’s College Fashion Week and It Was a Dream Come True

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This Saturday, I spent the day at Boston’s Revere Hotel getting glamorous and practicing my catwalk for College Fashion Week. This was a day I never could have imagined happening, and even when it did, it was totally different from the way it actually played out. 

We started out the morning with brunch at Glass House in Cambridge, where we each got goodie bags and took Polaroid pictures together. All the models had a chance to meet each other and bond over croissants, coffee, and fruit. Not to mention the super cool extras they served like BLT crostinis, grilled cheese and tomato soup shots (genius, I know), and beignets with Nutella. 

After brunch, we made our way over to the Revere Hotel. We got to see all of our amazing looks from Primark on the racks, ready for us to show off later that night. The Glamsquad hair and makeup team arrived and did an amazing job making us all feel pampered. I even got a high pony, something I never wear normally, but the Ariana Grande vibes really gave me a confidence boost. 

We took turns getting done up, and during the downtime, we snacked and chatted. I really loved the opportunity to connect with girls I didn’t know and get to know the ones I did even better. I have to say it reinforced my love for the community Her Campus builds. We were all going through this amazing experience together and supporting one another through it. 

When it was time to get into our first look and line up to start the show, we all were so excited and a little nervous. My first look was 90’s grunge. I wore a long, flowy black dress with red flowers, a red leather jacket, fishnet socks, and spiked combat boots. 

Honestly, actually walking was a blur. I remember it being the most amazing feeling to stand up on the catwalk, do your poses, and have people you couldn’t even see because of the lights cheer the whole time. 

I got to open the second part of the show, which featured monotone neutrals. I got serious Elle Woods vibes with my sweater skirt set and peep-toe heeled booties. It was an absolute dream. I had so much fun getting to share this day with amazing, strong girls. 

Thank you to Her Campus and Primark for giving me the chance to show who I am, and be celebrated for that. I will never forget this experience. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.