This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the semester comes to a close, seniors must now come to terms with the fact that their graduation ceremony will be happening online. Of course, nobody wants a virtual at-home graduation experience, but it’s happening, so let’s make the best of what we have. Below I’ll share with you what I plan to do on May 15th, my college graduation date, to give you some ideas. 

Prepare the night before

Prepare the night before to make it seem as real as possible. That means picking out your best outfit, preparing your hair (for me it’s sleeping with curlers in), or doing an at-home mani/pedi. 

Get hype!

Start celebrating the minute you wake up. For me, the best way to start the morning is with a quick 30-45 minute workout, and I plan to run in Central Park on graduation day. 

Hit record

Document this day however you want to for the memories. I plan to make a YouTube video on it!

Keep busy

Do something super fun or educational, it’s up to you. Have an at-home photoshoot, or finish that book you’ve been putting off. 

Set a time

Set up a specific time of your “graduation” to make it more special. For me, it’s going to be in the morning at 9 a.m. I plan to call my grandmothers and tell them I finished college. Hearing their congratulations will make me happy. 

Get excited about the future

Update your LinkedIn, send requests to professors, or even write a post addressing your fellow classmates. Start networking a bit, and apply to 2-3 more jobs (even if you have already applied to a hundred). Use graduating as motivation to take charge and get excited about your future.

Reflect

Lastly, take one hour of your day to reflect on all four years of your college experience. What have you learned beyond the classroom? How have you evolved? I changed a lot! Confidence and perseverance have become my habits now, something that I thought would never be a part of me. Take a second to realize how much you’ve grown and changed, and be proud of yourself for the progress you’ve made.

For some of you, this may be the “end” of formal education, meaning you aren’t planning on going to grad school, and for others, it might be just the beginning (pre-med, our heroes). Don’t shy away from nostalgia, take it all in and let it go. Focus on the future, on what you can and will change.

Happy last two weeks of college, class of 2020! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.