Holiday Essentials for 7 Different Personalities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year is finally upon us! From family parties to celebrating with friends, this season brings out the best in even the grinchiest of grinches. We’re here to show you the best holiday buys this year that will have you rockin’ around the Christmas tree and jinglin’ all the way.

1. For the Holliest and Jolliest

Everyone loves the holidays, but if you find yourself blasting Michael Buble’s Christmas album year round then you need these items. Show off your spirit with this Tees and Tank You “Happy Holla Days” crew neck. It’s stylish, comfy, and best expresses your excitement.

If you’re feeling extra festive, pair it with these wreath glasses from Paper Source. They definitely channel Christmas Beyonce and are sure to add some fun to any function.

2. For the Christmas Tree Enthusiast

If your favorite part of Christmas is decorating the tree, then you need these treats in your life. These cactus ornaments from Target are sure to please your tree aesthetic. Plus, there are more set designs like jungle animals and even superheroes!

If you’ve already done the tree but need more of it in your life, embellish your gifts and cards with this glitter tree tape from Paper Source. I recommend keeping the wrapping paper simple and adding some flair with this super sparkly tape.

3. For the Hostess with the Mostest

Whether you’re a master party planner or it’s your first year having friends over, there’s one thing you should know: every great holiday party is all about the activities. Go back to your childhood with a fun gingerbread house making contest with these simple kits from Target. It’s sure to bring out the fun and competitiveness in everyone.

This hilarious Humanity Hates Holidays card game is also a guaranteed good time this season.

4. For the Holiday Movie Buff

Is your ideal Christmas day filled with movie marathons of holiday classics and good snacks? Then, this next set is made for you. Represent our best friend Buddy with this adorable Elf crew neck from Tees and Tank You. It’s also perfect for any holiday party this season.

It’s true that any snack is the perfect movie snack but in December we stan one flavor in particular: peppermint. Snag yourself a bag of these Dove chocolate peppermint candies aka pieces of winter heaven.

5. For the Holiday Bibliophile

Winter break is not only good for celebrations, but it’s also the best time to catch up on leisure reading! Start the season off strong with “Let it Snow”: a collection of winter romance stories featuring work from our favorite YA author John Green.

If we’re getting into Christmas books, we obviously can’t forget the childhood classics. Throw it back with a copy of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” It’s a good nostalgic read and conversation starter at gatherings.

6. For the Seasonal Drinks Super Fan

There was pumpkin spice during fall, but for you, it was all just a warm-up. Now you’re ready for peppermint, chocolatey goodness. Be ready to have your favorite drink on the go or at home with this Christmas sweater travel mug from Redbubble. It’s cute and shows that you don’t play with your hot drinks or holiday spirit.

Make sure you’re all stocked up on hot chocolate packets from Target, too! We wouldn’t want to go a day without a sip of holiday cheer.

7. For The Life of the Party

December is all about celebrating family, friendship, and surviving another year! Live up to your party royalty potential with these items and 2017 will surely end with a bright bang. This Mariah Carey “Merry Christmas” album is sure to have everyone dancing and singing along. Plus, it’s an iconic record to have for every holiday season.

Add some eco-friendly flare with this reusable confetti popper from Paper Source. You’ll sparkle and shine with no damage to the earth!

With these items, anyone is sure to have the best holiday season yet! Pick and choose from each category, or get them all! Whatever you choose, HCBU wishes you a merry and bright Christmas. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.