This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The only thing more basic than a girl being excited to go to Trader Joe’s is a girl being excited to go to Trader Joe’s to get pumpkin-flavored everything — but some things are basic for good reason. As much as I’d love to tell you I don’t get trapped into buying every orange-colored package on the shelves, I’m just as much a sucker as the rest of you. This year, my best friend TJ has NOT let me down. Here are a few of the yummiest offerings to get you in the spooky mood.

Pumpkin O’s

Cereal is a criminally underrated food group, considering its total versatility. These Pumpkin O’s are like a sweeter, more autumn-y Cheerio that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or to eat handfuls of dry when you’re late to class. I eat mine either au naturale or with almond milk, and it’s seriously so good. 

Pumpkin Pecan Instant Oatmeal

Is anyone else on oatmeal TikTok? Because I am, and it’s my favorite place to be. While I personally prefer making baked or overnight oats, sometimes you want something hearty, and you want it fast. These are super easy to make and have really great consistency for instant oatmeal. I recommend making it with almond or oat milk and — if you’re feeling crazy — adding some dark chocolate chips for an extra bit of holiday cheer.

Butternut Squash Mac ‘n’ Cheese

Full disclosure, I made this entire list just to tell you to buy this. And buy it in bulk. This is my FAVORITE freezer meal at TJ’s this season. It takes six minutes in the microwave, and is the creamiest, yummiest thing I’ve ever had. The pasta is perfect, the sauce is both cheesy and rich, and it overall has a really amazing warmth to the spices. I bought this once, and let my roommates try it. Since then, half of our freezer space has just been these boxes. Seriously, go stock up. 

Pumpkin Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing

These. Are. So. Good. My roommates and I made these for brunch one day, and it was like getting to have dessert for breakfast. These are so sweet and decadent, but have a really nice balance with the spice of the pumpkin. The icing is ridiculously good, and overall these are an incredible way to treat yourself. We also tried making ours in a waffle-maker, which turned out AMAZING.

This Pumpkin Walks Into a Bar

As much as I love the account who posted this, I have to disagree with her rating. For me, these are a 10/10. I’ve already gone through multiple boxes this season, and plan on grabbing a few more. These bars are similar to a Fig Newton or Nutrigrain bar in texture, but with a nice pumpkin kick. I love being able to take my pumpkin flavor on the go, so these are a winner for me. 

I truly don’t know how I’d survive without my trips to Trader Joe’s. In quarantine, getting to go grocery shopping has often been the highlight of my week. Combine that with the fact that autumn has always been my favorite season, and shopping for fall items at TJ’s is my own heaven on earth. 

Remember that food is nourishment, and that it’s okay to treat yourself, because you deserve it. And I promise, these are all treats, no tricks. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a senior at BU studying PR and minoring in Film and TV. She loves reading YA novels, watching (and screenwriting) rom-coms, baking new recipes, and convincing herself that One Direction is reuniting soon.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.