Five Spots for Foodies in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Think you’ve seen all Boston has to offer? Think again. One of the things that I love most about Boston is its food, especially because there are so many amazing local restaurants. Here are some of my personal favorites, so get ready for quite the mouthful of eatery recommendations!

Yamato

This Japanese restaurant is famous for its all-you-can-eat option. With locations in Brighton and Copley Square, you can order as much as you want of anything under the sun, from sushi to shumai to miso soup. So, get ready to eat! This is a great place for sushi lovers— you can order as many dragon rolls as you want, all for a flat rate. Also, after dinner, ice cream is included in your meal. I personally recommend the green tea or red bean flavors. They also have the best crab rangoons ever.

Jaho 

You can find this coffee shop and wine bar combination in downtown Boston and on Huntington Avenue, also near Copley Square. Swing by for your morning coffee or a study session made better with a delicious breakfast sandwich, and then come back to pregame the party you’re heading to at night with a mini bottle of wine. This is your go-to place for all times of day. Jaho offers a bunch of cool specialties you can’t find anywhere else, like a delicious coconut boozy bubble tea made with rum that is so delicious it’ll have you forgetting it even contains alcohol.

Frenchie

If Frenchie isn’t one of your go-to places for brunch yet, you might want to rethink your priorities. Next time you’re on Tremont Street (or really anywhere in Boston) do yourself a favor by getting a table and ordering the eggs benedict with smoked salmon, red potatoes, and a cappuccino. I promise you won’t be disappointed. If you’re like my friends, and it’s not too early in the day, order yourself some oysters with cocktail sauce too. If you can, get yourself a table at the very back, which has a beautiful floral-patterned wall, fairy lights, and a window looking out to the outside world. Seats fill up fast, so be sure to make a reservation the day before. Mimosas are always an option too.

Tony & Elaine’s 

This North End Italian restaurant will show you what pasta is really supposed to taste like and leave you wanting so much more. Grab some friends (the tables are big and can easily accommodate a whole group) or a hot date, and most importantly, don’t forget to come hungry. I recommend the penne alla vodka— it’s divine and inspired me to learn how to make my own vodka sauce. Next time I’m there, though, I think I’ll order the cacio e pepe ravioli. If you’re gluten-free but love Italian cuisine, no worries— they have gluten-free options just for you too.

Citrus & Salt

This cute little Baja Coast-inspired spot is perfect for a late-night dinner and drinks with a close friend or sampling one-of-a-kind cocktails with a bigger group right before you hit the club. With candlelight, a beachy vibe, and a bar serving coastal cocktails like the Bloody Maria and Becky Juice, which is made with Monte Alban tequila, rosé, and five kinds of fruit, you’ll be loving the atmosphere so much, you won’t want to leave. Not to mention, you’ll get surprisingly filled up by my favorite shared plates, like lobster tacos and grilled street corn topped with Flamin’ Hot Cheeto dust and cotija cheese.

If you’re not down to dine out right now, no worries, these delicious eateries aren’t going anywhere. Just add them to your bucket list for when you feel ready again! I promise they won’t just be a one-time stop.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.