This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s about that time of the semester — I’m burned out. It may be spring break, but wow, do midterms just take everything out of you. As such, I’m looking forward to binging some YouTube videos for a much needed R&R night. If any of you are planning on doing the same, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite comforting YouTube channels that you can binge when you want to relax. (Fair warning: Like half of them are food-related. But honestly, who’s going to complain about that?)

Jenna Marbles + Julien Solomita

Jenna and Julien’s content is my favorite thing to watch when I need to just chill out. Julien does a lot of cool (kind of chaotic) cooking videos on his channel, while Jenna tries crafts and does whatever else her heart desires. It’s just a good, wholesome YouTube binge.

SORTEDfood: Pass It On

The Pass It On series is pure gold. In this cooking challenge, two chefs and three “normals” have to tag-team the making of a single dish, without being able to communicate with each other what they are trying to make. Pure chaos is sure to break loose in a Pass It On episode, but they’re so fun and binge-able.

The Try Guys

The Try Guys are a classic comfort binge, so I couldn’t possibly leave them off this list. What’s better than goofy group of guys who are unafraid to try new things, even when it’s clear they’ll fail? My favorite series of theirs is definitely “Without a Recipe.”

Binging with Babish

Andrew Rea, aka Binging with Babish on YouTube, has made it his life’s goal to recreate foods from popular TV shows and movies. These cooking videos — complete with a super-calming voiceover — are the perfect way to unwind. Plus, you can learn some handy cooking tips in the process!

Music by Blanks: One Hour Song Challenge

Simon de Wit, better known as BLANKS, is super talented. Like, crazy talented. In his “One Hour Song Challenge” series (as the name implies), he recreates popular songs in just one hour. He’s super creative and he’s done some recreations that I actually like better than the original song!

As you recharge and get ready for the second half of the semester, take some time to check out these great YouTube channels!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Morgan is a senior at Boston University studying public relations with minors in art history and political science. She loves fall, cafés, and exploring Boston. She is a frequent art museum goer and an ardent Bruins fan. Besides writing, Morgan's hobbies include curating Spotify playlists, cheering on the BU Terriers at hockey games, and exploring independent bookstores.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.