element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Cutest Must-Watch New Christmas Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Movie nights with friends or family are my favorite part of the Christmas season. You watch the classics annually, but each year new Christmas movies show up to rival the old favorites. This year, there have been some great ones that I think have a shot at getting added to the coveted group of annual Christmas movies. Here are a couple of those new movies!

Let it Snow

Photo Credit: IMBD

This movie is a Netflix film based on the book of the same title by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson. It follows three different romance plot lines between teenagers living in a small and snowy town around Christmas time. Though it was not the most unpredictable story, it was a cute and heartwarming holiday film. I definitely recommend watching it with some friends and some hot chocolate. 

Klaus

Photo Credit: IMDB

For this movie, the story of Santa is masterfully transformed into something entirely unique. Even me, an avid Christmas movie watcher, has never seen a plot that describes the origin of Christmas in such a whimsical and fresh way. The hand-drawn animation brings you in visually, then the endearing characters and a genuinely interesting plot keeps you hooked. Adults and children alike will love this one.

Whether you like the classics or only the new stuff, Christmas is a season for appreciating those around you, and movies can be a perfect way to bring people together. I hope you check out these movies and have a lovely holiday break!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Keeley Bombard is a sophomore at Boston University studying Environmental Analysis and Policy. Although she was born in Boston, she grew up in Rochester Hills, Michigan. She loves dancing, reading, writing, listening to music, watching movies, and being around her friends. She loves to connect with people over topics she is passionate about through writing!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.