Claudia Quadrino: On Making College Memorable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

At Boston University, every student is a part of the special community we have created together. Claudia Quadrino, a junior majoring in film with a psychology minor, is no exception. She immerses herself throughout multiple clubs and activities at BU to help create the dynamic community of Boston University. 

On Hosting a Radio Show…

WTBU is the student-run Boston University radio channel that Claudia has been in for multiple semesters in a variety of ways. Last semester, she was able to interview a city councilman about getting college students involved and interested in world affairs. This semester, she and her co-host have a channel for Spanish music. They talk about a different country each week and play that country’s music. They also talk about the culture and history of the given country.

On Being a Residence Assistant…

When asked about why she wanted to become an RA, Claudia’s first response was, “My mom was an RA and coming into BU, I kind of knew I was going to be one.” Claudia drew upon memories of being a camp counselor for the first time at the age of 16. “That was my first leadership position and I loved it.” She pointed out that there are more benefits than just saving money as an RA; the experience and knowledge you gain is fantastic. “Being an RA is really challenging, you don’t know what is going to happen so you have to think on your feet, handle pressure well, maintain a sense of authority, and handle anything at any time. You really learn a lot from being an RA.”

On Student Health Ambassadors…

One of Claudia’s true passions is being a Student Health Ambassador at BU. Student Health Ambassadors on campus connect student health services to the student body. They work under the wellness and prevention office and promote alcohol safety, mental health, and sexual health. They are the prevention part of Student Health rather than the aftercare. The club is broken into committees to focus on specific parts of student health on campus and Claudia is apart of the mental health committee, as she was last year. This year, they are expanding upon a sticker campaign. Claudia wants students to know that they are not alone. She wants to impact students and break through the stigmas of mental illness. “We are the condom fairy, that’s how most people know us. We do so much more than just the condom fairy, and we are trying to expand on that.

On BU…

I asked Claudia about her time here at BU and why she loves it and she couldn’t stop gushing about the student body. “I love BU. I love the types of people you meet here. I’ve met absolutely amazing people; quality people who you can just talk about things together. I’ve just met some of the most quality people and well-rounded people here. Once you find your place here, you can really succeed. The hardest part at BU is finding your place, but once you do, you can really thrive here.” Claudia also talked about the opportunities BU has given here; “It’s a place with so many opportunities that I’ve learned to love. There have been rough patches, but I know at the end of the day, it’s given me so many opportunities. I’m really grateful I’m here.”

On balancing everything…

Claudia is also a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, a peer coach, and the marketing manager for the BU Buzz magazine. She does so much on campus and loves each thing she takes part in. When asked about balancing all the extracurricular activities and academics, she laughed slightly and said, “That’s a great question that I’m still learning myself.” After a moment of thought, she answered, “I think the fact that I love it and want to be doing all of it makes me find the time. I enjoy it and I don’t want to drop any of the activities; I think that’s the way you make it work. All of these positions are very fluid, some weeks are busier than others and everything has different timing.” An insider tip from Claudia is that Google Calendar works wonders and should definitely be used in managing your time. 

During the interview, Claudia had said, “I’m very active on campus so it has made my time here really memorable.” If there is one thing to take away from Claudia is that it is so important to find the things on campus that make sure you are doing what you love. Find passion in all of your activities and your BU story will be as memorable as Claudia’s. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Delanie is a senior at Boston University who loves Pavement's iced tea and the Charles River. She has a passion for writing and is on an adventure to find the best coffee shop in Boston. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.