This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

by Nicole Marino

As the fall semester comes to an end, there are many things to look forward to – a long, well-deserved winter break, the end of classes (some which you may be more excited about ending than others), and going back home to see your friends. There’s one universally disliked thing about the end of the semester, however, and that’s finals. If you internally sighed while reading that, don’t worry, I did too. Despite things starting to wind down at the end of the semester, final exams bring that to a sudden halt. Besides all the studying that goes into your exams, there’s also the thought of them being your last chance to change your grade in your classes. The thought of all those things can be incredibly stressful, but luckily at BU, there are some resources that can help you combat your finals week anxieties.

1. Therapy Dogs

As a cat-owner who is obsessed with dogs, I always look forward to any dog-related event. Luckily at BU, there are many dog-petting opportunities. My favorite part of finals, well, maybe the only good part of finals, is having the opportunity to hang out with some puppies. After a good study session, it’s so exciting knowing that my break entails petting an adorable dog! There are multiple organizations on campus that have therapy dogs over finals week. If you check the Mugar Library Instagram account, they will post a picture with information on how to sign up for a session. You can even sign up to bring a friend or two along.

2. Wellness Program Kits

If you are a student organization leader or an RA, you can order a wellness kit for your group/floor. There are multiple kits that you can choose from, such as Create a Good Night’s Sleep, The Art of Stress Relief, Rhetty to Party Smart, Flu Buddy, and Finals Survival Guide. My favorites are The Art of Stress Relief, Create a Good Night’s Sleep, and the Finals Survival Guide. Here’s what each one includes:

The Art of Stress: Stress balls, Play-Doh, Stress Less Sushi Bar activity book, and discussion questions on student stress.

Create a Good Night’s Sleep: Sleep masks that say “I am Terrier. Hear me Snore!”, ear plugs, bedtime tea, aromatherapy materials, Goodnight Comm Ave book with tips for better sleep, and discussion questions on student sleep.

Finals Survival Guide: a list of 42 study spots on campus, access to a Spotify motivational playlist, #2 pencils, Post-its, a sweet “treat-yo-self” reward, and access to online resources, including a goal-setting worksheet, yoga, and deep breathing exercises, and study tips.

3. Study Rooms in the Yawkey Center for Student Services

If you didn’t already know, you can request a study space through the Educational Resource Center (ERC), located on the fifth floor of 100 Baystate Road. You can request a room at least 24 hours in advance for interviews, or for studying with 2-4 people. During finals, however, these rooms become available on a first-come-first basis. All you have to do is show up to the ERC and put your name on a list, and they’ll let you know when a room is available for you. These rooms are perfect if you need a whiteboard, like studying with natural lighting or want a room to yourself to get your work done. Plus, when you’re done with your study sesh, you can eat in the best (and prettiest) dining hall on campus, Marciano Commons.

I hope that these resources come to good use and help you combat some of that finals week stress. Just remember, at the end of each day spent studying or taking a final, you are one day closer to a well-deserved winter break. Good luck, Terriers!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.