This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Anyone who has gone Black Friday shopping knows that it can often be an absolute war zone. If you’re up for the challenge, Black Friday can be a super efficient way to get your holiday shopping done early; however, there are many alternatives such as online deals, early access deals, and my personal favorite: Cyber Monday.

So, here are a few items on my personal shopping list for next weekend — I hope they inspire you to plan ahead and save money in the most convenient way!

1. Sephora And Ulta

If you’re half as obsessed with makeup and skincare as I am, then you’ll be checking out these two stores next Friday. On previous Black Fridays, these stores have given generous discounts on their cult favorites including TOO FACED Better than Sex Mascara, URBAN DECAY All Nighter Setting Spray, and BENEFIT Porefessional Primer. As for Ulta, very few advertisements have been released as of now, but the price points tend to be lower than Sephora and the sizes are typically larger.

2. Amazon.com

Who doesn’t love Amazon Prime? Many of their Black Friday Deals have been live for weeks and continue through Cyber Monday. No matter what you’re looking for, they are likely to have it at the lowest price. I personally will be shopping for all of the smaller items that I have been wanting, but haven’t taken the time to invest in: water bottles, mugs, and dorm decorations!

3. Nordstrom

This year Nordstrom has leaked some of their Black Friday Deals a little early: You can find Ugg boots, designer bags, and blazers for up to 40% off! 

4. Lululemon

Lulu is probably one of my favorite places to shop in general, but it isn’t exactly cheap. Most leggings cost $98-128 and even the sale rack isn’t much cheaper. However, on previous Black Fridays, the store has been known to add up to 40% off of sale markdowns, which would make a huge difference. So, be sure to go to Lululemon as early as possible because their sale racks are very limited and will surely go fast!  

It is also important to bear in mind that many stores don’t overtly advertise their deals well in advance, so it’s worth stopping by some of your favorite stores just to see what they have going on. Urban Outfitters tends to offer an extra 30% off sale, Brandy Melville does 15% off the entire store, and Bath and Body works will surely have some discounted bundles! 

My biggest piece of advice is to strategically plan out your day: Chase after the most expensive items first and stay focused! Good luck!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Audrey is a freshman studying Public Relations and Advertising at Boston University. She is interested in writing, photography, fashion trends, and politics!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.